INVESTMENT ANALYSTVacancy posted: Tuesday, 18 October 2016
Salary: Not Disclosed
Closing date: 25 October 2016
Job ref. no.: 8962
Core Asset Consulting's Client, a boutique institution, has an opportunity for an Investment Analyst to join their Edinburgh team on a permanent basis.
You will report directly to the Investment Director and initially be responsible for supporting many of the aspects of the investment process including dealing, performance analysis. You will be offered support for professional qualifications. The role offers a structured programme to undertake more technical aspects including stock and fund research, asset allocation, construction of model portfolios, and communication of the investment process and philosophy.
This role offers you the opportunity to learn the industry and be trained within a reputable firm.
- Educated to postgraduate level in a relevant numerate discipline
- Strong analytical and technical skills that lead to views that generate insight
- Having the intellectual capability to recognise when/when not views need to be altered.
- Able and willing to do all that is necessary to pass the CFA exams
- Act as back up dealer
- Actively support the investment team across asset classes by undertaking fundamental analysis of specific UK equities and third party funds
- Help monitor portfolios to ensure they are within the company's defined risk parameters and provide the necessary data relevant for investment reports and presentations in a proactive manner
- Liaise and collaborate with client facing staff
- Continually seek to improve processes to promote better portfolio performance, more effective portfolio management, and compliance rigor
- Generate data for investment reports and presentations
- Engagement with external fund managers
Job reference: 8962
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to asset management, accounting & finance, asset servicing, legal and the wider financial services sector in Scotland.
|Contact Name||Louise Powrie|
|Telephone||0131 718 4600|
About Core-Asset Consulting
Core-Asset Consulting is an independent recruitment company specialising in the Investment Banking and Financial Services markets throughout Scotland. Established in 2005, we have expanded considerably, whilst maintaining our reputation as a boutique recruiter.
Our recruitment approach is based on service not sales, and quality in everything we do is our primary focus. Our philosophy is to create long-term results based on understanding the needs of our clients and candidates. We are passionate in our commitment to deliver a premium level recruitment service, and work in close partnership with clients and candidate alike to tailor the most effective recruitment strategies. As a result, many companies now consider us their number one Scottish based recruitment partner.
Dedicated to helping our people achieve their potential, we promote a culture of teamwork, personal responsibility and initiative.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist