Senior Credit Risk AnalystVacancy posted: Wednesday, 19 October 2016
Salary: £30,000 - £38,000 basic + excellent benefits
Job ref. no.: UK749690
Hudson are working alongside an Edinburgh based retail bank who have a globally recognisable brand on the market. They are currently looking to recruit x2 Senior Credit Risk Analysts who will be responsible for analysing the credit portfolio and risk trends. You will be expected to Identify future risks and opportunities and provide recommendations to the business and where appropriate attend the Retail Credit Risk Committee to propose policy changes to address these trends.
- Be a key point of contact with the wider Banks business contacts within Products, Marketing, e-commerce, etc, for consultation and communication of potential changes to risk policy. Ensure that Credit Risk are aware of changes to Product/Pricing/Marketing as it relates to Consumer Credit products and understand how that might affect Credit Quality.
- Lead relationships with credit risk teams to ensure that they implement policy and provide the necessary assistance/resource to ensure leading edge credit risk techniques are adopted by the bank.
- Develop and implement credit risk policy for the business lending products and communicate changes to operational colleagues, addressing implementation concerns as appropriate
- Provide advice and add value to business projects requiring Risk Management input. Be proactive and creative in dealing with problems/issues identified within projects.
- Identify potential for additional risk management opportunities through enhanced data mining of the banks Data Warehouse. Provide advice to colleagues in improving data extraction and analytical techniques
- As required, preparation of credit portfolio reporting to the Banks Risk Management Committee, including trend analysis and recommendations for policy changes
- As required, calculate monthly bad debt charge and forecast bad debt charge.
- Liaise with Credit Reference Agencies and other suppliers to ensure the Bank has a wide knowledge of tools and techniques being used within the wider industry (eg Dual/Tri Bureau)
- Working the the SRM team this role holder will support the deployment of the SRM framework for the Banks partners and suppliers ensuring governance is measured in line with the SRM process, policy and risk appetite
In order to be considered for this role you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A background in Credit Risk Management is a prerequisite (3 years +). A broad knowledge of Retail lending products is essential.
- Well organised and able to prioritise workload in line with tight reporting deadlines
- Educated to degree level. Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail. Highly proficient in Excel. SAS and/or SQL experience essential. Modelling experience would be an advantage.
- Ability to interpret management information providing insight on trends
- An excellent communicator, with ability to develop and manage relationships.
- Proven track record of working on own initiative, with a determination to introduce fresh thinking to the role and to the wider risk team.
- Well organised and able to prioritise and manage workload in line with tight reporting deadlines.
- Well organised and able to prioritise workload in line with tight deadlines and work effectively under pressure
- Highly numerate, with excellent analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent team player with ability to working closely with others to deliver results
- Customer focused
- Proven track record of working on own initiative, with the ability to introduce fresh thinking to the role and the wider team.
- Demonstrate an ability to think and reason logically
- Strong relationship management skills
- Excellent written communication – business and project reports
- Exceptional communication skills - ability to communicate effectively with anyone in any environment, e.g. able to translate complex / technical issues to meet the audience's competency level
If you are interested in this vacancy please contact Rosslyn Blair in our Edinburgh office.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
|Contact Name||Rosslyn Blair|
|Telephone||+44 131 555 9812|
19a Canning Street
Hudson Accounting & Finance is a team of specialist recruitment consultants within Hudson - a global talent solutions company. We help transform the workplace and unleash the full potential of organisations and individuals. Whether you're actively looking for your next accounting or financial services job or just considering your options, we're here to help.Company profile View all jobs with Hudson Accounting & Finance
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist