Dementia Befriender Volunteer - MaleVacancy posted: Tuesday, 21 March 2017
Salary: Out of Pocket Expenses
Location: Ayrshire North
We are looking for a male volunteer who could offer support to a gentleman from Saltcoats, who would like to have someone new to chat to and someone to go out walking with. He also enjoys playing cards and indoor bowls and would love for someone to support him enjoying these activities again.
- They will provide support with agreed social and recreational activities.
- Maintain accurate and legible records of visits.
- Liaise with and report to the Befriending Coordinator on a regular basis including any changes or concerns regarding the service user.
REQUIRED SKILLS, QUALITIES & EXPERIENCE:
Service user is an older gentleman who would like someone, preferably a male, to go out walking with him and his dog. He would also like someone that can play cards and maybe go with him to indoor bowling.
WHERE & WHEN:
Time and place agreed with volunteer and service user
At least 6 months commitment to enable a relationship to be established.
TRAINING & SUPPORT PROVIDED:
- Dementia AwarenessTraining
- Adult Protection
- Moving & handling (in relation to wheelchair if applicable)
- Volunteers will have the continual support from the Volunteer Coordinator and the Volunteer Centre.
MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENT:
30 years old (at service users request)
Application Form, meeting with Volunteer Coordinator, PVG and reference check.
|Contact Name||Louise McGinty|
|Address||Quarriers Volunteer Centre
Bridge of Weir
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist