Volunteer GardenerVacancy posted: Friday, 23 September 2016
Salary: Out of pocket expenses
Location: Bridge of Weir
If you enjoy gardening this role is for you!
Quarriers Merrybrook service provides support to six adults with complex physical needs.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To maintain flower beds and vegetation.
- Watering flower beds
- Maintenance of raised flower beds to prevent overgrowth.
We are looking for someone with basic gardening skills and experience.
Knowledge of seasonal planting would be advantageous.
WHERE & WHEN:
One day per week, to be arranged. The service is based in Quarriers Village, Bridge of Weir.
To get the most out of the experience it would be lovely if you would be available for at least six months.
There will be training and support available as outlined below:
- All volunteers will receive an induction and familiarity to the service and their role.
- Volunteers will have a volunteer agreement which will be been drawn up with Volunteer and line manager in regards to duties and expectations of their role.
- Volunteer will participate in mandatory training as required.
- Volunteer will receive informal supervisions from line
- Familiarisation of sensory garden and duties to be discussed.
As this is a practical hands on role with some manual handling the volunteer should be in good physical health.
Garden area and raised planters are fully accessible to wheelchair users.
MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENT:
18 due to nature of environment.
Application form, informal chat, references and appropriate disclosure.
The service has disabled access at the front and rear of the building via a ramp. The sensory garden is accessible from the back door. The garden has five raised flower beds which is accessible to those person(s) who may be wheelchair users.
There is also a fully accessible disabled toilet on the ground floor inside the building.
|Contact Name||Louise McGinty|
|Address||Quarriers Volunteer Centre
Bridge of Weir
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist