Volunteer Social Activity FacilitatorVacancy posted: Sunday, 23 October 2016
Salary: Out of pocket expenses
Location: Bridge of Weir
Riverview is a nine roomed respite project based in Quarriers Village. The project provides short breaks for adults who have learning disabilities. The people we support have a variety of health and learning disabilities. The Guests enjoy getting out and about and engaging in the local community and wider afield.
We try to ensure that people have a wide variety of choice and different social experiences depending on their individual choices and preferences. The outings and activities are planned in advance in consultation with the guests through their pre visit review and welcome meetings. The staff team work hard to make Guests holiday/ short break as fun and enriching as possible. Riverview is busy but a very rewarding place to work. If you enjoy social activities this exciting new role is for you. We are looking for a volunteer to assist the staff team to host a social evening for service users and families every fourth Sunday evening.
- Setting up the venue and helping to organise snacks/ drinks and entertainment.
- Support the staff to ensure people are having fun in a safe and welcoming environment.
- Help support the building of supportive relationships between families and people using the service.
REQUIRED SKILLS, QUALITIES & EXPERIENCE:
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Able to work in a busy environment
- Up for some fun.
WHERE & WHEN:
Every fourth Sunday, the first meeting is 25th July, between 6.30pm and 9.30pm.
3 – 4 hours once every fourth Sunday.
TRAINING & SUPPORT PROVIDED:
- Health and Safety Training
- Adult Protection Training
- Core Values
- You will have a member of staff to provide support and to speak to if you have any questions or concerns while volunteering
MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENT:
Due to the nature of some behaviors of our guests it would be better for volunteers to be over 16 years of age
Person would need own transport to get to and from Riverview or allocated venue within Quarriers Village.
Application form, references, PVG disclosure, visit project and meet staff and people we support.
Agreed travel expenses will be provided.
ANY OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Good sense of fun and humour.
- Open minded.
- Not afraid to make suggestions for improvement.
|Contact Name||Louise McGinty|
|Address||Quarriers Volunteer Centre
Bridge of Weir
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist