Female Volunteer BefrienderVacancy posted: Thursday, 6 April 2017
Salary: Out of pocket expenses
Location: Bridge of Weir
Quarriers Ashgrove project provides a residential service for people with disabilities.
Volunteer Befriender - Female only
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
A 61 year old lady with mild learning disability and Epilepsy would love a volunteer befriender to access the community and enjoy various activities.
- To provide friendship and help with accessing the community via public transport/taxi.
- Allowing Miss M to remain a full lifestyle despite reduced mobility levels.
- To provide support using walking aid and wheelchair in the local area and out with.
- To provide support with Epilepsy.
- To take part in home baking and cookery
- To provide support to college classes, activity groups etc.
REQUIRED SKILLS, QUALITIES & EXPERIENCE:
- Friendly and warm
- Caring and Patient
- Similar interest i.e. Cookery, baking, sewing, knitting, arts & crafts, going for dinner, day trips, shopping etc.
WHERE & WHEN:
The ladies home, Quarriers Village, Local community.
It would be great if the volunteer could commit to 1 or 2 days each week for at least 6 months.
TRAINING & SUPPORT PROVIDED:
- Epilepsy Awareness
- First Aid
- Safer Handling
- Adult Protection
- Any other training identified essential to role
Public transport, taxi and possible use if project vehicle
Volunteer application form, meeting with project manager, reference and PVG check
Full day one induction in house and project getting to know everyone
|Contact Name||Louise McGinty|
|Address||Quarriers Volunteer Centre
Bridge of Weir
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist