Volunteer Driver - NW GlasgowVacancy posted: Monday, 26 September 2016
Salary: Travel expenses
Quarriers Glasgow Group Activities is an established service, providing meaningful activities to adult with learning disabilities in the Northwest and Southside of Glasgow.
We would love a Volunteer Driver to support the project in delivering the music-based workshop. You would collect a drum kit from the office in Anniesland and transport to the Knightswood Community Centre for the Music and Drums session in the morning.
Your help will allow us to provide more meaningful activities for the group
- Meet with the Group Activities worker at Anniesland
- Load up the cars and transport the drum equipment to the community centre.
- Help set up the music class and then transport equipment back to the office.
REQUIRED SKILLS, QUALITIES & EXPERIENCE:
- Driver and access to own car
- Interest in music
- Experience of working with adults with learning disabilities is desirable. If not, being willingness to develop your skills and experiences.
- A desire to enhance people’s lives.
WHERE & WHEN:
Every Friday 9.30-1.00 pm. A minimum of 6 months commitment would be preferred to get the best out of the role.
Northwest Glasgow, Anniesland and Knightswood areas.
TRAINING & SUPPORT PROVIDED:
All volunteers can access relevant Quarriers training courses in-line with their volunteering role.
- Will be trained up in safer handling of loads.
- Volunteers will attend the group activity prior to starting the group.
- Support will be provided by the Group Activities Development Worker after every session, and supervisions on a mutually convenient frequency.
No support care required for service users as they will have their own support staff.
MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENT:
Minimum age for this role is 18 years old. this is due to the nature of the service.
Must have own access to transport (car/van).
- Volunteer application form
- Interview with Group Activities Development Worker
- PVG (Disclosure Scotland)
- Production of relevant qualifications and insurance documents (if applicable).
Centre’s will be fully wheelchair accessible.
Potential volunteers may attend a current Group Activities session in the northwest area of Glasgow.
|Contact Name||Louise McGinty|
|Address||Quarriers Volunteer Centre
Bridge of Weir
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist