Volunteer Admin / ReceptionVacancy posted: Monday, 17 October 2016
Closing date: 01 November 2016
Job ref. no.: VA/1016
Volunteer Administrator / Receptionist
GCA is looking for people who have an interest in volunteering within a long established charity and who may wish to give back, or learn new skills, ideally for at least 4 hours or so per week.
Our office is a friendly environment and we want to make sure our clients are supported and relaxed when they come to see us. The reception is vital as this is the first person a client or visitor sees when they come in the door. We will provide training and support while you are volunteering with us and we will ensure you have an enjoyable experience and the opportunity to develop and learn new skills.
Many of our volunteers have gained vital experience during their time volunteering with us and have gone on to gain permanent employment.
Key duties would include:
• Provide a first point of contact for visitors, e.g. volunteers, clients, user groups, other local workers and the public, supplying them with information regarding GCA
• Offer refreshments
• Inform counsellor of arrival of appointment in reception
• Answer switchboard and redirect calls to appropriate member of staff, take messages and make appointments
• Keep reception welcoming and orderly
• General administration support - photocopying, shredding, postage, ordering supplies, organising meeting rooms, catering, filing, making up new client files, data entry.
The skills and attributes we are looking for include:
• The ability to communicate effectively at all levels
• Reception / telephone handling skills
• An anti-discriminatory approach to working with people
• Understanding of client confidentiality
• Computing skills (email and experience of using Microsoft Office applications)
• Good literacy and numeric skills
• Reliability and dependability
• Experience of working on your own initiative
• Experience of direct work with the public
lf you think you may be interested, or would like to find out more, please contact the Office Manager Irene McKenzie for a chat or email your CV in to with a letter explaining why you would like to volunteer for Glasgow Council on Alcohol.
|Contact Name||Recruitment Team|
|Address||14 North Claremount Street
About Glasgow Council on Alcohol
Glasgow Council on Alcohol was founded in 1965 and is the oldest established Council on Alcohol in Scotland. It is a registered charity and in 1986 was incorporated as a company limited by guarantee.
Glasgow Council on Alcohol is a voluntary organisation working to reduce the harm caused by alcohol misuse through the provision of a range of high quality advice, information, counselling, support, prevention and education and training services.
Glasgow Council on Alcohol uses its position as Glasgow's leading voluntary organisation tackling the misuse of alcohol to:
Improve alcohol and drug education
Influence the social climate to reduce harmful alcohol consumption
Improve health and wellbeing
Address inequalities in service provision and enable wider access to services
Work alongside funders and other service providers in the provision of appropriate services and education
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Administrative Officer Healthcare Improvement Scotland, glasgow
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist