Walking VolunteerVacancy posted: Sunday, 20 November 2016
Salary: £ Out of pocket expenses
Glasgow Group Activities is an established service, providing meaningful activities to adults with learning disabilities in the Northwest and Southside of Glasgow.
Do you enjoy walking then this role if for you!
The volunteer will lead/escort a small group of people supported by Quarriers and support staff in the local area. You will also research local areas and risk assess potential hazards/trips/falls.
- Lead/escort walking group
- Research local areas to risk assess potential hazards/trips/falls.
REQUIRED SKILLS, QUALITIES & EXPERIENCE:
- Passion about walking and being outdoors.
- Knowledge of local parks/walks of surrounding areas.
- Experience of working with adults with learning disabilities is desirable. If not, the adaptability and willingness to develop your skills and experiences towards the core group.
- Acknowledgement that client group may not want to do this activity if the weather is too rainy.
- A desire to enhance people’s lives. Enjoys chatting with individuals/groups.
- Organised and punctual.
WHERE & WHEN:
Northwest Glasgow, Anniesland and Knightswood area. Weekly Friday 1-2pm with potential to be longer depending on reviewing the session.
A minimum of 6 months would be good to allow you to get the best out of the experience. However, this could be seasonal depending on client groups’ needs and preferences. Could be extended following indoor/well covered routes.
TRAINING & SUPPORT PROVIDED:
All volunteers can access relevant Quarriers training courses in-line with their volunteering role. Volunteers will attend the group activity prior to starting the group. Support will be available through liaising with Group Activities Development Worker after every session, and supervisions on a mutually convenient frequency.
No support care required for service users as they will have their own support staff.
Volunteer application form, telephone contact, interview with Group Activities Development Worker, PVG (Disclosure Scotland), references, production of relevant qualifications and insurance documents (if applicable).
Centres will be fully wheelchair accessible.
Agreed travelling expenses will be reimbursed.
Potential volunteers may attend a current Group Activities session in the northwest area of Glasgow.
|Contact Name||Louise McGinty|
|Address||Quarriers Volunteer Centre
Bridge of Weir
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist