Volunteer Cook/chefVacancy posted: Saturday, 8 October 2016
Salary: Out of pocket expenses
Do you enjoy planning and cooking meals then this is the role for you. We are looking for a Volunteer Cook/Chef to assist the project in all aspects of food preparation.
Finnart Street is a large detached house situated in the west end of Greenock. We support 6 adults with learning disabilities, epilepsy and mental health issues, ensuring that they are being offered choices and opportunities within their local community, to feel valued and treated with respect and dignity.
- Devise nutritious menus
- Preparing meals
- Cooking meals
- Serving Meals
- Ensure the kitchen is kept tidy
- Enabling the people we support to assist in kitchen when appropriate
- Record food temperatures while cooking
- Following Cooksafe procedures
REQUIRED SKILLS, QUALITIES & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience of cooking for up to 6-10 people
- Experienced food handler
- Knowledge of food hygiene practices
- Ability to offer several options for meals
- Patience and empathy
- Good communicator
- Ability to engage with people who use the service
WHERE & WHEN:
Greenock, Finnart Street
2-3 days per week if possible.
We hope you can commit to supporting us for at least 6 months.
TRAINING & SUPPORT PROVIDED:
- Food safety Training
- Infection control
- Health and Safety Training
- Introduction to Quarriers
- Adult Protection Training
- Mentor in project
Application form, references and PVG disclosure. There will also be the opportunity to meet with staff, users of our service and and to come along during meal preparation to see the required tasks.
There is disabled access at the service.
|Contact Name||Louise McGinty|
|Address||Quarriers Volunteer Centre
Bridge of Weir
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist