Volunteer DriverVacancy posted: Saturday, 22 October 2016
Salary: £ Out of pocket expenses
Steps & Stages and The Butterfly Club will provide care sessions within a play-scheme during the school summer holidays. The children taking part will be supported to enjoy activities both within the venue and in the wider community. The children will be aged between 5years to 18 years and all have additional support requirements.This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone who would enjoy or would like to gain experience in working with children.
Please note: The club will run from the 4th of July until the 12th of August 2016.
Volunteers are required to drive the minibus to help support children with a disability enjoy a summer play-scheme held within a local primary school during the school summer holidays.
The volunteers will assist the project workers in providing a service to children with a disability to enjoy activities within the setting of a play-scheme.
MAIN TASKS INCLUDE:
- Ensuring the children and young people get the best experiences over the seven weeks.
- Undertake appropriate training for the role
- Driver would be driving minibus
- Facilitate good communication with parents and any other people in that child’s life during the course of the summer programme.
- Help on outings within and out with the schools.
- Be part of a team who will be delivering a quality service to children and families over the summer holiday period .**
REQUIRED SKILLS, QUALITIES & EXPERIENCE:
The volunteer should have a clean licence and been driving two years or more The volunteer should have D1 on their licence as will be driving a minibus.
Enthusiasm and commitment to tasks will be required.
Volunteers are required full days on the following dates:
TRAINING & SUPPORT PROVIDED:
- Autism awareness
- Rescue medication
- Safer handling
- Intimate care
- Specialist tracheotomy/gastro training
- Introduction to child protection
- Introduction to calm-interventions
- First aid at work/first aid for children.
Volunteers do not have to undertake all the training above, except the mandatory Introduction to Child Protection, which is mandatory but all training is available if they wish.
- have held a clean driving licence for over 2 years.
- be medically fit to drive.
- Have D1 on their driving licence
- Be available for Child Protection Training
Application form, interview, references and PVG check
Required licence or certification:
- Driving Licence with D1
|Contact Name||Louise McGinty|
|Address||Quarriers Volunteer Centre
Bridge of Weir
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist