Head ChefVacancy posted: Thursday, 13 October 2016
Salary: £ Negotiable
Location: Falkirk (Town)
Closing date: 31 October 2016
We are a Restaurant situated in Falkirk, an ideal destination to enjoy the highest quality of food and wine in a relaxing environment. Our objective is to consistently deliver some of the very best of Scotland’s fantastic fresh foods and offer customers great hospitality and an exceptional service experience.
Working a five day week this is a live out position and we are looking for a chef to get very much involved in the business and you will be paid a share of tips.
Reporting directly to the Director/ Operations Manager the successful candidate will quickly amass an in-depth familiarity with our kitchen’s operations so that they may carry out their duties and assist them in resolving any problems that may arise on the job.
The ideal Head Chef must possess the ability to quickly and authoritatively delegate job tasks to a large team. They must also be able to draw upon their considerable experience as a Head Chef / Sous chef who has worked in many different roles and settings in order to effectively coach and mentor junior chefs.
As Head Chef you will be responsible for planning and directing food preparation in a kitchen. This will involve a large degree of supervising other kitchen team, as well as keeping an eye out for problems that arise in the kitchen and seizing control of a situation at a moment’s notice. Ensuring that all aspect of the Food Safety Management system is carried out and adhered to.
As Head Chef you will also be involved in menu planning, bringing your experience and knowledge to the team as well as accurate costings to ensure that these are in line with budget.
- Strong management skills drawing on experience as Head Chef/ Sous Chef in previous roles
- A complete passion for food and cooking with fresh produce
- Demonstrate flair in your cooking but with a grounded and sensible approach
- The ability to work as part of a busy, fast-paced team
- Ensure all prep work is done in a timely manner
- Good communication with both the front and back of house team
- Understand the importance of food hygiene and health and safety standards
- Career focused, ambitious, hardworking and flexible on working hours
- Maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen to a high standard
Previous experience as Head Chef/ Senior Sous Chef is desirable,
Salary is negotiable dependant upon previous experience.
|Contact Name||Linda Letford|
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist