Chef De PartieVacancy posted: Friday, 21 April 2017
Salary: £18,000 - £20,186
Closing date: 05 May 2017
Job ref. no.: 1718
Glasgow Science Centre (GSC) is one of Scotland’s must-see visitor attractions. Our mission is to promote science and technology through thought provoking, fun and exciting experiences that inspire all to explore and understand the world around them
We are recruiting for a Chef de Partie to join the Corporate Events team to assist in all kitchen and catering operations at GSC to ensure customer satisfaction. This is a role which provides an exciting opportunity to be involved in the daily operations of our onsite Taste Cafe, as well as the operations of the varied Corporate Events held at GSC
• To assist in all kitchen and catering operations throughout GSC to ensure customer satisfaction in our food and beverage services.
• Preparing, cooking and presenting food for the café, street café and corporate events at GSC according to Food Hygiene and Health and Safety Standards.
• To plan and prepare menu items for both the Taste Café and Corporate Events.
• To ensure food is served to customers in a timely manner.
• Monitor portion control and waste control to maximise profit margins.
• To clean and tidy all kitchen/ catering areas and equipment daily and weekly in accordance with the kitchen cleaning schedules.
• To receive deliveries and distribute to the designated area, checking temperatures and condition of goods in accordance with GSC Food Hygiene standards.
• To supervise and train any commis chefs or agency staff as required.
Skills, Experience & Personal Qualities:
• Intermediate food hygiene certificate.
• Experience in a café/Bistro/events environment would be preferable.
• Basic IT skills preferable
• Effective communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team with a willingness to work autonomously.
• Ability to provide high quality customer service
• High standards with a passion for excellence and creativity in both catering and customer service
Please refer to the GSC web site for full job description and details of how to apply for the exciting role of Chef De Partie at Glasgow Science Centre.
|Contact Name||Human Resources|
|Address||Glasgow Science Centre,
50 Pacific Quay,
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist