Essential Functions: the essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the food preparation areas are clean and hygienic.
- Washing utensils and dishes and making sure they are stored appropriately.
- Sorting, storing and distributing ingredients.
- Washing, peeling, chopping, cutting and cooking foodstuffs and helping to prepare salads and desserts.
- Disposing of rubbish.
- Organising linen laundry.
- Cleaning the food preparation equipment, floors and other kitchen tools or areas.
- Ensure consistently high standards of customer experience within the site in accordance with Wonder World brand values and service standards.
- Assist the team in meeting all restaurant’s revenue, profitability and quality goals by ensuring efficient restaurant operation whilst maintaining high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
- Maintain physical condition of site according to relevant guidelines and communicate maintenance needs in a timely manner.
- Required to comply with all operational core competencies and key accountabilities.
- Execute all requirements necessary to maintain a safe and compliant working environment for all site employees.
- Required to work non-traditional hours; weekends, evenings, holidays; overtime may be required.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding the importance of health and hygiene.
- Plenty of stamina.
- A great team player.
- The ability to listen and learn – fast.
- Proficiency in English.
- An awareness of Health and Safety requirements.
- The ability to constantly walk and move about is required. This role involves frequent stationary standing, reaching, bending/twisting of head and neck, and maintaining balance while walking and using ladder/step stool equipment, along with occasional kneeling, crouching, climbing, bending/stooping at waist/torso and sitting to assist customers and maintain the site, food area, back of house and stock area.
- The Kitchen Assistant is required to occasionally push/pull equipment such as shelving bays, dollies, racks and trolleys with up to 20kg. of force and lift/carry/place boxes and product up to 15kg. in weight at heights up to 3.5m while using a ladder.
- Use of the following senses are critical to this position: talking/speaking, hearing, near and far acuity, depth perception and field of vision.
- Cognitive factors critical to the Kitchen Assistant function are: reading comprehension, basic math/calculations.
- Environmental factors are operation of foot controls for operating moving stock shelving bays and exposure to working at heights.
|Contact Name||Martyn Wright|
|Address||99 Middlesex Street
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist