Hotel Reception SupervisorVacancy posted: Tuesday, 18 October 2016
Salary: £17,000 plus bonus
Closing date: 02 November 2016
Situated in beautiful Scottish Borders countryside just 18 miles from Edinburgh, our hotel and 25 acres of surrounding grounds provide an ideal location for business or pleasure. Behind the impressive stone façade lies a modern hotel offering comfort to the most discerning guest. Unique features, leisure & spa facilities, comfortable and inviting accommodation provide a thoroughly relaxing experience for all.
We now have an opportunity for a Full Time Hotel Reception Supervisor to join us at our busy hotel. In this role you will be expected to work to the highest standards, delivering efficient and welcoming customer service and creating a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all of our guests, with the key aim of retaining and attracting new customers. You will be responsible for the running of the Reception in the absence of the Front of House Manager and for key tasks as delegated by them.
Pay & Reward
Hours: 40 hours per week, according to a rota
Salary: £17,000 plus bonus
We will reward you with a competitive salary, monthly performance-related bonus, discounted hotel stays to other hotels in the Accor Hotel Group and discounted leisure club access & spa treatments.
- It is imperative that you are flexible to work a variety of shifts on any day of the week to suit business demands
- You will be asked to work as part of the team as well as being able to take your own initiative and work individually
- You should have good customers service skills, be openly enthusiastic and be well organised
- This is a very demanding role and we are looking for someone who has great eye for attention to detail and who takes pride in their work
- Assist in the running of the Reception in the absence of the Front of House Manager.
- Work in accordance with the FOH Manager to achieve financial targets.
- To constantly look at ways to improve efficiency within work processes in the department.
- To manage the IT requirements of the reception desk including working with Microsoft Office and the Property Management System.
- To be familiar with the days business including arrivals, departures, special requests, VIP’s, functions etc.
- Dealing with enquiries and bookings by phone, e-mail, letter, fax or face-to-face.
- Administer all reservations, cancellations and no-shows, in line with company policy.
- Have a thorough understanding of all requirements when checking in and/or out guests.
- Maximise opportunities to upsell the facilities within the hotel.
- To perform shift procedures in accordance with Company policy.
- Prepare bills and take payments.
- Complete end of shift cash up and reconciliation procedures and ensure handover of shifts between personnel in line with Company policy.
- To ensure that the switchboard is staffed at all times and that all calls are answered professionally and efficiently. Taking and passing on messages to guests and colleagues.
- Dealing with special requests from guests
- Answering questions about what the hotel offers and the surrounding area
- Dealing with guest feedback and ensuring that guest complaints are dealt with promptly and passed to the appropriate managers.
- Reporting any maintenance issues immediately to line manager, including all furniture, fittings and equipment.
- Provide reports, as required, for housekeepers and management.
- To ensure in the smooth running of the reception desk and deliver excellent customer service, at all times.
- Assist in keeping the hotel reception area clean and tidy, at all times
- Keep up to date with current promotions and hotel pricing, to provide information to guests, on request, while maximising bedroom sales opportunities.
- Be environmentally aware and dispose of waste according to hotel standards
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support the team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other colleagues
- Previous hotel reception experience
- Previous experience of leading a team
- Confident in using Opera or similar PMS
- Competent with Microsoft Word & Excel
- Be confident and self-motivated
- Demonstrate a passionate commitment to the business and guests
- Be able to work unsupervised in a busy environment
- Be able to prioritise duties
- Remain calm, patient and polite, if receiving customer feedback
- Eligible to live and work in the UK
- Be able to converse in English
- Reporting to the Front of House Manager and Duty Manager on shift.
|Contact Name||Jenna Whitson|
|Telephone||01721 730 395|
|Address||Mercure Barony Castle Hotel
About Mercure Barony Castle Hotel
The Mercure Barony Castle Hotel, previously a Baronial home dating back to 1700, is steeped in hundreds of years of history but now operates as a hotel, wedding & conference venue. Situated in beautiful Scottish Borders countryside just 18 miles from Edinburgh, the hotel and 25 acres of surrounding grounds provide an ideal location for business or pleasure.
Behind the impressive stone facade lies a modern hotel offering comfort to the most discerning guest. Unique features, leisure & spa facilities, comfortable and inviting accommodation provide a thoroughly relaxing experience for all.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist