Sales & Operations ManagerVacancy posted: Thursday, 29 September 2016
Salary: £28000-£35000 + Bonus
If you share our values of being adventurous, staying active, keeping it personal, having fun & giving a s**t and have the necessary experience, then we would like to hear from you about why this is the perfect role for you.
Still interested? Then take a look at the full job description below and send us a CV and cover letter telling us why you want to work for Macs Adventure and how your values match with our values!
You are an experienced Adventure Travel manager with a proven track record of developing and managing high performing customer facing teams with a passion for walking, cycling and adventure travel. A positive and results-driven individual with a can do attitude, who gets a kick out of getting things done that make a difference to the performance of the business and thrives in a dynamic environment.
You are a manager who thrives on helping your team achieve their potential, wants to work in a great company and in a field you love. Of course you should share our core values and be an interesting person.
You will lead the Sales & Operations team, reporting directly to the Head of Sales & Operations. You will be responsible for enabling your team to achieve their stretch sales, operations and customer satisfaction targets. You will do this by recruiting, training and developing a great team and putting a structure in place that enables them to excel.
In addition to enabling our customers to have a great experience, you have the opportunity to make an impact on the success of a fast growing international business and your career.
- Booking turnaround times
- Staff survey ratings
- Customer satisfaction scores
- Gross profit margin
Skills & Experience:
- Solid experience of managing a high performing sales team or at least 2 years hands on experience in a high performing travel sales team (and looking to progress).
- Experience of getting the best from a dynamic sales team.
- An in-depth understanding of what makes great customer service.
- Taking the initiative and an ability to proactively solve problems and improve sales and customer experience.
- Driving a continuous learning & development culture.
- A people-focussed approach to managing a team, providing support and direction.
- Goal orientated
- Positive, flexible and helpful – a willingness to get involved with a wide variety of tasks and projects.
- Good communicator
- Committed to continuous learning
- Self-motivated and confident
- Ability to inspire & motivate others
- A positive can do attitude
- Give a shit
- A genuine passion for the outdoors and active or adventure travel.
- Interesting things
Hours & Place of Work:
- Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17:30 (30 minutes break)
- Saturday and Sunday Rota (approx. 1 week in 6-8)
- Evening shift rota 11:30 – 20:00 (approx.. 1 Week in 6 – 8)
- 40 hours per week
- On the “Duty Manager” Rota – approx. 1 week in 10
- Macs Adventure office in Glasgow.
- Some domestic and international travel required.
- £28,000 - £35,000 Per Annum plus Performance related bonus package
- Up to two fam trips each year on one of our holidays
- Benefits package including your birthday off
- 28 days annual leave
- Being part of a great team
|Contact Name||Sheona Proven|
|Telephone||0141 530 8886|
|Address||44 Speirs Wharf
About Macs Adventure
Macs Adventure, a fast growing and dynamic adventure travel company, are on the hunt for switched on, interesting and adventurous people to join our talented team. Founded in 2003, Macs Adventure now welcome over 15,000 customers per year to 35 countries. With offices in the UK, Germany and ambitious expansion plans for the future, Macs Adventure is a dynamic company with a great culture.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist