Job Title: HR Advisor
Reporting To: HR Business Partner
Duration of contract: Fixed Term Contract (6 months)
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Salary: up to £28,000 depending on experience
Parseq Glasgow is recruiting for a HR Advisor to join the HR team in Glasgow.
Reporting to the HR Business Partner, you will be working as an integral part of the HR department and will be responsible for providing generalist and strategic support across the business.
As well as providing sound employment law advice, you will coach and advise in all aspects of employee relations, disciplinary, grievances, dismissals, tribunals etc. You will also look to review processes and procedures and continually review and improve the HR experience to ensure best practice is upheld at all times.
You will integrate within your areas of responsibility and support the strategic business objectives.
- Advising managers on employee relations issues in line with current employment legislation.
- Provide guidance to HR Assistants to deal with review meetings and lower level ER issues.
- Escalating HR issues to a senior member of the HR team in a timely manner
- Working with business operations to have an awareness of staffing ratios to ensure support levels are adequate.
- Actively monitor and support manage Long Term Sickness Absence including reporting on a regular basis to ensure correct process is followed to achieve positive outcomes.
- Support Operations to help identify any potential absence and proactively manage to avoid LTSA.
- Reviewing policies and procedures to ensure legal compliance
- Ad Hoc projects to assist the HR Services Manager with achieving the business and departmental objectives
- Coach and support managers through complex HR matters.
- Proactively manage administrative processes to ensure regular deadlines are met.
- Representing the HR Department in management meetings when required.
- Supporting a culture of continuous change and development.
- Reviewing HR processes and creating innovative solutions to business issues.
- Travel to group locations when required.
- Any other reasonable management request
To work to guidelines/targets and company policies set by Parseq in order to achieve business goals
- To work to guidelines/targets set by HR Business Partner within the team.
- To communicate effectively with HR Business Partner, the HR Team and internal stakeholders.
- Accountable and responsible for all allocated live cases to ensure end to end process is completed.
- Meeting payroll deadlines to ensure seamless delivery of relevant data to avoid any unnecessary delays
- Management of data on to the HR management information systems.
- Providing monthly MI reports for your areas of responsibility to the HR Business Partner.
- Working with the HR Assistant to obtain key data to assess current state of play of areas of responsibility
- Supporting the HR Business Partner to ensure legal compliance is adhered to and avoid civil and tribunal claims
- Effectively communicate potential risks to appropriate person
- Facilitate accurate reporting to help analyse MI in order to support the business improve / reduce costs on any people related issues.
- Monitoring and analysing absence - both short term and long term including instances of AWOL, producing recommendations to increase employee attendance.
- Maintain accurate head count reports cross referencing MI to ensue Operations receive accurate data from HR System.
- Produce and analyse attrition reports including identifying any potential future risks
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven previous experience in a HR Advisor level and excellent administrative skills
- Experience of working in a fast paced HR department
- Candidates must hold a HR qualification – CIPD or equivalent
- Key experience of working with and advising line managers
- Experience of working within high pressure environment were resource is constrained and priorities are constantly changing
- Ability to understand complex business issues, and understand the impact on the business, whilst proposing effective solutions, meet deadlines, and collate and present data.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent analytical and problem solving skills, being able to clearly articulate issues and propose recommendations with clarity, and concisely both written and verbally
- Confidence to work across all levels of the business
- Excellent IT knowledge including HR and Microsoft packages
- Excellent understanding of relevant and current HR and employment law, policies and procedures
- Experience of organising learning and development and sourcing training for individuals
- Good understanding of relevant Health and Safety legislation, policies and procedures
- Experience of setting up systems for monitoring and recording HR information
- Conflict Management
- Excellent analytical and communication skills – both written and oral
- Can do’ attitude, ability to work under pressure
What we’ll offer you
- Established company with fantastic career opportunities
- Become part of an excellent company culture
- Opportunity to gain nationally recognised qualifications
- Fantastic induction training programme
- Provide you with an opportunity to work with some leading blue chip brands across numerous industries
- Discounted parking facilities
- Ongoing training, support and development
- Contributory pension scheme
- Onsite catering facilities
- Onsite gym
- Eye care vouchers
- Childcare vouchers
- Opportunity to support charities and be involved in fundraising events
- Opportunity to be able to take career breaks – sabbaticals etc
- 24 days annual leave + 4 Bank Holidays
Parseq are a business of people; driven to add value, processes designed to reduce costs and technology built to deliver intelligence. Our flexible and agile approach to front and back office services has enabled us to forge strong relationships with some of the UK's leading brands over the past 30 years. For our clients we add value and innovate, enable a better level of service for their customers and reduce costs.
Our services cover the full range of Contact Centre Operations, through to a full suite of Finance and Administration processing. We dovetail into our client's operations providing seamless engagement between ourselves and our client ensuring transparent engagement, operating as if we were part of their business.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist