Industry Engagement ManagerVacancy posted: Friday, 14 October 2016
Salary: £29K Circa funded until March 2018
Closing date: 26 October 2016
Fixed Term: Currently funded until March 2018
(Note: Glasgow Chamber of Commerce is open to delivering this role on secondment if mutually agreeable).
Working to support the first Developing the Young Workforce (DYW) group in Scotland, you will be part of a team helping businesses of all sizes across the city to recruit and develop young people in their organisations. This is a demanding and externally facing role as part of the Projects Team within Glasgow Chamber of Commerce. This is an exciting opportunity to deliver innovative and potentially high profile project activity within the business community and work in partnership with a wide range of stakeholders.
As part of the wider team supporting the employer led Developing the Young Workforce group in Glasgow, you will be responsible for delivering a programme of work which supports business engagement. The portfolio of work will be based on the Glasgow Employer Board’s Youth Employment Action Group findings and the Commission for Developing Scotland’s Young Workforce.
You will be responsible for developing and delivering a programme of works to promote DYW Glasgow Policies. This will include the promotion of apprenticeships to businesses as well as developing a programme to engage SMEs and micro businesses. You will also be responsible for delivering employer engagement to the Market Place, a new online platform to increase industry engagement with education.
- To increase the awareness and number of employers recruiting and/or training young people
- To utilise DYW communication channels to promote the recruitment and training support available to businesses
- Work with relevant stakeholders to implement a strategy for increasing the number of apprenticeships (modern/ foundation/ graduate)
- Develop and deliver a programme of work aimed at increasing participation of SMEs in Developing the Young Workforce
- Lead on the design and delivery of innovative events on behalf of the DYW team
- Undertake project management of various DYW initiatives including the DYW Glasgow Opportunity Fund, Youth Enterprise development and Supply Chain Management
- Representing the DYW Group and the Glasgow Chamber of Commerce on relevant groups and forums
- Responsible for increasing the number of employers engaging with the Market Place for Glasgow.
- Delivering on pre agreed KPIs in alignment with the national DYW agenda
- Delivering any other relevant duties which may be required.
- Educated to degree level or have equivalent work experience
- Experience of designing and delivering campaigns, projects and events
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Clear evidence of ability to liaise and facilitate discussion at senior management level where appropriate
- Self-starter and ability to work with limited supervision in a small team
- Ability to identify gaps and opportunities, creating solutions and acting upon these in a proactive and engaging manner
- Sound organisational skills and ability to work under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines with minimal resources
- A passion for playing a role in making a difference to the city by working directly with the business community in partnership with key stakeholders
- Knowledge of the apprenticeship framework
- Experience of working with business and in particular SMEs
- Experience of working with supply chains
- Knowledge of youth enterprise
- Knowledge and understanding of Glasgow’s economic issues
- This role requires a high degree of diligence and professionalism and you will need to have a keen eye for detail, a determined approach and be capable of working both independently and within the team.
- Contribute to the wider activities within Glasgow Chamber of Commerce and provide support to wider projects activity, events, membership development and marketing where required.
- There may be the requirement to attend early-morning or evening events from time to time.
- This role may require a limited amount of travel but is focused on assisting the Project Team within the Glasgow office.
Applications should be made in the form of CV and covering letter, clearly expressing if you are looking for this as a fixed term contract or on a secondment basis (please note if this is a secondment that you need to agree it directly with your employer).
The closing date for applications is midnight on Wednesday 26th October 2016.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist