Senior Shareholder Balance Sheet Management Actuary (R254)Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 12 October 2016
Salary: Not Specified
Job ref. no.: 06169
Senior Shareholder Balance Sheet Management Actuary
Management Level: Manage Others
Reports to: Head of Shareholder Balance Sheet Management
Working with Prudential as an Senior Shareholder Balance Sheet Management Actuary means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to be the leader in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals. If you're inspired to join us, and if you have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you've been looking for.
At Prudential we're absolutely focused on getting the best outcomes for customers. Ours is one of the most profitable and trusted names in life and pensions, and we lead the market in a number of pension products.
Finance Management is the 'go to' team to inform key business decisions, delivered through a comprehensive understanding of the profitability and capital drivers for the business. Work in this team is varied and challenging, involving the proposal, design and implementation of solutions to complex problems as well as BAU monitoring of the balance sheet and MI production.
The focus of the role is that of a technical specialist who will identify gaps or constraints, develop solutions and provide expert advice and insights. The Senior Shareholder Balance Sheet Management Actuary will manage others to deliver high quality balance sheet outputs for PAC's shareholder-backed business in order to maintain appropriate financial strength and drive the capital management agenda. The role holder will act as a key support to the Head of Shareholder Balance Sheet Management providing expert technical advice.
The role requires a qualified actuary who has practical experience across a range of Finance specialisms, and deep technical expertise in balance sheet management.
You may manage others and will therefore be accountable for the performance of the individuals or team they manage, in terms of time, cost and quality, and including its responsiveness to future business requirements.
Purpose of the role:
- To be a subject matter expert on KPIs and capital drivers and the impact on business performance
- To remain up-to-date with key performance and financial matters at the business unit level
- To be responsible for the co-ordination and delivery of value-add financial management information across the business area
- To manage and develop others and ensure the accuracy of their output, balancing resources, time and cost to optimise the quality of the output
- Strong stakeholder management and presentation skills
- Experience of analysing problems from a holistic perspective, considering the internal and external interdependencies involved
- Experience of advising on the commercial implications of decisions
- Experience of using understanding of the business linked with finance knowledge to support the business and of making recommendations and helping to originate creative solutions
- Experience of coordinating activities across multiple Finance teams to ensure the needs of business stakeholders are met
- Experience of disseminating complex quality information to internal and external stakeholders (including regulators and rating agencies) and ensuring it is understood
- Experience of using different delivery methods and communication styles to communicate findings and results of analyses to internal and external audiences based on an understanding of their differing levels of familiarity with technical language
- Experience of communicating financial information to stakeholders across Prudential to support planning and decision making
- Experience of providing guidance and advice to the business on actuarial issues
- Experience of monitoring compliance with Prudential's actuarial policies and standards
- extensive knowledge of both the asset and liability sides of the shareholder balance sheet and their interaction.
- Knowledge of financial services regulatory and legislative frameworks
- Knowledge of life and pensions products, markets and competitors
- Understanding of the Statements of Principle and Code of Practice
- Knowledge of Prudential products, systems and distribution methods
- Awareness of Group and external developments and ability to identify, recommend and implement improvements to processes and policies in line with these
- Qualified Actuary
People who work at Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It's also an innovative, high-performing commercial environment that's totally focused on customers. As a Prudential colleague you'll get all the support you'd expect, including full training and professional development. You'll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you'll join an organisation that's leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals.
Recruiter = Stephen Fox
Location = Craigforth Campus, Stirling, Scotland, FK9 4UE
Closing Date = Sunday 23rd October 2016
|Contact Name||Recruitment Team|
|Contact Instructions||To Apply For This Position Please Click The Apply Button|
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist