Claims Handler (Motor, Glasgow)Vacancy posted: Monday, 17 October 2016
Salary: £ dependent on experience/competitive
Claims Handler (Motor, Glasgow)
Titan Global Resourcing are delighted to be working with one of the UK’s most respected law firms. Based in Glasgow, our major insurer client has an opportunity for a Claims Handler to join their Motor Insurance team.
To provide technical and practical support in dealing with recovery of insurers outlays and uninsured loss claims; from issue of proceedings through to enforcement action on English litigation matters.
1. To take initial instructions from clients and to advise, as appropriate on the legal action and all alternatives, as appropriate, open to the client.
2. To keep the client informed as required by the firm's and department's set procedures.
3. To manage a case load independently, ensuring compliance with service level agreements
4. Investigate liability and assess recovery prospects
5. Draft court proceedings
6. Deal with court mail, client correspondence and correspondence from Defendant solicitors and insurers
7. Action telephone calls from Client's, Defendants, Defendants Solicitors and Insurers
8. Negotiate settlement
9. Ensure all court dates are complied with as per all directions/court documents
10. Draft witness statements in a timely manor
11. Brief counsel prior to any hearings
12. To meet on a regular basis with the person to whom the post holder reports to review cases and any other matters relevant to the post holder's position. To report to the post holder's supervisor immediately any difficulties being experienced, in particular, those which may lead to a negligence action being taken against the firm and/or a complaint from a client via the Solicitors' Complaints Bureau and/or the firm's complaints procedure.
In addition to your competitive basic salary we have an exciting benefits package including a contributory pension scheme, critical illness cover, health cash plan, death in service, discounted legal services, 25 days hols (this increases with length of service), discounted online shopping, season ticket loans, childcare vouchers.
The successful candidate will have to undertake a CRB and Credit Check.
The salary for this role is highly competitive based on experience.
|Contact Name||Stephanie Orme|
175 West George St
About Titan Global Resourcing
Titan Global winners of "Best Small Recruitment Company 2014 at S1 Recruitment Awards" are specialists recruiters in diverse sectors including Freight, Logistics and Supply Chain, Food and Drink, Manufacturing, Commercial/Sales and Executive Search. We offer a dedicated professional service to our clients as well as a commitment to our registered candidates to help achieve their career goals.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist