Risk, Controls and Compliance Deputy ManagerVacancy posted: Saturday, 1 October 2016
Salary: Not Specified
Job ref. no.: 16000189
Role PurposeThe Risk, Controls and Compliance Deputy Manager is responsible for supporting the Risk, Controls & Compliance Manager in all aspects of Sox and Operational Risk for Finance and Operations and deputising as appropriate. They will be responsible for assisting in ensuring that adequate controls are embedded in the Finance and Operations processes in Glasgow and ensuring that they are continually reviewed and kept current.
The role is responsible for providing meaningful and insightful guidance to other parts of Finance and Operations regarding their own control environments, and continuing to embed the Quality Management Framework.
They will support / lead as required, on process improvements and change management within a strict control environment.
Assist in the management of all aspects of Sox and Operational Risk for Finance Operations. Be responsible for delivering the evidence to facilitate the Quarterly Attestation of the Finance & Operations Shared Service Director.
Be part of a small professional team whose main focus is quality control and associated metrics to allow Senior Management to accurately make decisions about resource and controls and will deputise for the Risk, Controls & Compliance Manager where appropriate,
Facilitate the development of robust documentation and process maps to support Finance and Operations.
Provide support to the Finance & Operations Shared Service Director in the delivery of senior management reporting requirements. This includes regular / ad-hoc reports.
This role was also be responsible for directing the work of the Risk, Controls & Compliance Assistant.
This role reports to the Risk, Controls & Compliance Manager based in Glasgow.
Key Responsibilities: What is the role accountable for and what are its key responsibilities? Describe the key result areas for this role specifically, rather than those for the team or role family where this role works. 1. Oversight Controls and Sox Compliance
Support the oversight controls function for Finance and Operations in Glasgow. Assist in ensuring that adequate controls are embedded in the business and that they are given the appropriate amount of focus and that the operating controls supports the control environment. Recognised as having strong controls knowledge.
- Maintain & update Sox controls to reflect any changes in process
- Ensure that the Team Manager is advised of any Sox deficiencies on a timely basis and review the financial impact as appropriate.
- Deputise attendance at the Quarterly Assessment meeting as required,
Work with all the teams within Finance and Operations on process improvement, either as directed by the team manager, or by proactively identifying potential improvements in the business directly,
- Ensure all processes are developed as efficiently as possible.
- Develop (in conjunction with the process owner) process notes and process maps around each process and ensure these accurately reflect the most up to date position.
- Provide assurance over accuracy to the Team Manager/Finance & Shared Services Director that these are up to date and maintained. All process maps should conform to the ACE Standard and be uploaded to the Sox database where appropriate.
- Work with EXL to ensure these are captured for outsourced processes.
in the delivery of senior management reporting requirements. This includes regular / ad-hoc reports.
- Provide support in the collation of data for senior management reporting requirements.
- Provide support for headcount analysis
- Provide support for Planning & Forecast information.
- Provide ad-hoc support as required.
- Be the primary lead on the risk and Controls review (from a Finance and Ops perspective)
- Provide support in the development of a detailed Op Risk Matrix for Finance and Ops and monitor and report thereon.
- Sox/Operational incident tracking
- Support operational risk requirements under Solvency 2.
Support the development and subsequently maintain authorisation and control matrices across Finance & Operations as appropriate. Make recommendations to the Team Manager for improving and tightening controls and access across a wide variety of systems and processes including (but not exclusive to) :
- Mercury processes
- System 6
- Life systems (manual)
- GPI authorisation for Mercury and Genius
- All system access for Apollo
- Delegated authorities.
- Ensure Glasgow BCP plans are fit for purpose and are robustly tested in line with Broomielaw Centre timetable and protocols.
- Support the Team Manager in ensuring Noida BCP plans are fit for purpose and are robustly tested and results reviewed closely.
- Assist in the review all Finance and Operations plans to ensure there are no gaps or gaps in hand-offs between Fin and Ops and other areas.
- Represent Finance and Operations at regular BCP meetings and reviews from an AEG or ACE Ltd perspective.
- Facilitate preparation of metrics for all aspects of the Finance and Operations Service to the Team Manager for review.
- Perform initial review and challenge on metrics and reports received from outsourced functions.
- Support the ...
Contact Name Sobechi Foster Telephone Contact Instructions To Apply For This Position Please Click The Apply Button
Chubb is the world's largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist