Technical Business Applications Team LeadVacancy posted: Thursday, 22 September 2016
Job ref. no.: 16000023
We are currently looking for a Technical Business Applications Team Lead to manage all Business As Usual (BAU) applications and databases. You will be responsible for ensuring all knowledge within the team is resourced in BAU projects appropriately.
About the role
Working with the IT, Innovation and Program Office departments and reporting to the Head of IT, you will ensure that the team provides technical support, consultancy and expertise across all of CMS's systems. You will work closely with vendors to create a culture of continuous improvement, to ensure our systems remain up to date, optimised and aligned to our IT Roadmap. You will take a hands-on approach to the role by supporting your team and maintaining the CMS applications portfolio, the database environment and working closely with the Program Office towards the successful delivery of internal projects.
- Line manager to the Applications Support, DBA team and Business Analysts
- Responsible for gathering/creating/implementing the documentation, processes, policies and controls for all the applications in the CMS portfolio.
- Responsible for the implementation and technical validation for the applications changes approved in the Change Board meetings.
- Define the systems data architecture and backup/DR strategy
- Support the Head of IT in identifying and executing strategies for the development of the service by researching new technologies and alternative methods of efficiency increase.
- Constantly develop specialised skills in the team that enable them to produce work efficiently and cost effectively.
- Extensive experience in IT operations and/or related functions with a solid understanding of technical IT roles but you do not require deep expertise in each area
- Experience of delivering with interlinked dependencies in a 24/7 multi-cultural environment
- Experience with a broad range of Microsoft applications
- Experience managing a DMS (Document Management System)
- Knowledge of SQL Database management/configuration
- A problem solver, the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and the ability to act with tact, discretion and diplomacy
CMS is an international organisation with market leading businesses throughout Central and Eastern Europe and beyond. We're also founding members of the CMS organisation of major independent European law firms, which brings ten leading European law firms together under one banner. Together, they have 60 offices across 29 countries in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and South America. Each CMS firm is well established in its own jurisdiction and well versed in multi-jurisdictional projects.
We work hard to be a truly client-focused law firm. That means not just understanding the unique challenges of every market sector, but also providing a service that's tailored to the needs of each client. Our partners are hands-on and work hard to get closer to clients with everything from joint training initiatives and advice surgeries to visits and social events. What's more, our teams have the ideal balance of personality and industry expertise to suit the varied needs of our clients.
We're considered more accessible than many of our competitors. Our clients tell us they like working with us and that we're seen as the human face of the law. Independent surveys also reveal that our own people think we're down to earth and that our partners are very approachable.
Working here, you can expect an open, welcoming atmosphere, as well as supportive colleagues who share their expertise. You'll have the chance not just to progress quickly, but also to make lifelong friends in the process.
We welcome and promote diversity among our staff and we are committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment practice.
If you are interested please apply online or contact Phoebe Napier, Recruitment Officer, for more information.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist