Solution ArchitectVacancy posted: Thursday, 29 September 2016
Salary: £55000 - £57500 per annum + benefits
Closing date: 27 October 2016
Job ref. no.: J0916-2121
Solution Architects are required to join the AFRC Futures Programme which is developing a major new application to support Common Agricultural Policy Reform. As an architect, you will be responsible for the high level design of one or more functional features in line with the established engineering patterns. The system is a layered web application built using JBoss Portal, JSF and RichFaces for the presentation / application layer, Apache CXF for invocation of services layer which is deployed within JBoss Fuse . The system uses JPA and Oracle for persistence and uses JBoss BRMS for rules and BPM processing.
As a senior member of our technical team we expect you to lead by example. Therefore you will be able to demonstrate strong examples of ownership, delivery focus and responsibility throughout your career. You will have experience in driving technical teams through solution design. You will also have excellent stakeholder management skills, and customer facing professionalism.
Candidates must have:
* have experience in being a senior consultant on several complex or large programmes of work
* demonstrate strong ability to work effectively with senior Client management
* sound knowledge of the Public Sector and the issues and problems affecting the service area
* Experience of delivering Digital Transformation
* Reviewing Use Cases and related requirements documents for technical feasibility and logical consistency
* Documenting the High Level Design for a set of feature Use Cases
* Applying SOA design principles to the identification of services and service operations exposed by the services layer
* Applying OO design principles and best practice to the definition of components deployed within Fuse (Task, Entity and Utility services)
* Securing TDA approval of the High Level Design
* Defining the Java Domain Model and mapping to Oracle relational database using JPA
* Ensuring Engineering Patterns are appropriately documented and applied and new patterns are developed as required
* Producing specifications for interaction with external systems
* Supporting the generation of UI wireframes and reviewing the output
* Communicating the design to the development team
* Peer reviewing other High Level Designs
* Producing business rule set specifications
* Assessing the design impact of change requests
* Strong Java development / design background with experience in leading and documenting design
* Strong communication skills
* OO Design and UML expertise in class diagrams, use case diagrams, sequence diagrams, etc
* Logical Data Modelling
* Service specification within a SOA
* Experience in Object Relational Mappers and in Java Domain Modelling
* Ability to coach application designers and technical leads, communicating design and supporting low level design performed by development team
* Experience of iterative development methodologies.
* Hibernate and JPA
* Apache CXF
* JBOSS technologies
* Ruleset specification for BRMS (drools)
* Sparx Enterprise Architect
* Experience of working in a pre-sales environment supporting sales teams
* Experience in contributing to bid proposals
CGI is looking for new members to join a programme working with the Scottish Government on the Agriculture Food and Rural Communities (AFRC) - Futures Programme. Initially you will join this this fast paced and client facing delivery programme, working from the Scottish Government's offices in Edinburgh. The aim of the programme is to deliver an IT solution that will facilitate the European Union's Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) programme that provides financial support to farmers, crofters and rural businesses. As we reach the end of the third year of the engagement it is an exciting time to join both CGI and the programme. With strengthened client relations and an established team in place, you will be joining a CGI and Scottish Government team that is working together on a significant capital programme for Scotland
Please come and join us at CGI
At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 65,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at .
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
|Contact Name||Nick Petruzziello|
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist