Technical ArchitectVacancy posted: Monday, 17 October 2016
Salary: £41000 - £53000 per annum + benefits
Closing date: 14 November 2016
Job ref. no.: J0916-2122
Technical Architects are required to join the AFRC Futures Programme which is developing a major new application to support Common Agricultural Policy Reform. The main responsibility will be to produce detailed, low level designs for key system functionality, adhering to the architecture and engineering principles of the project. There will also be some expectation of involvement in the future architecture direction of the project.
Designs will be produced by consulting existing documentation such as use case, wireframe, domain model and high level architecture documents. Designers should also work closely with the business analysts, product owners and other technical leads to shape the designs and work through any issues identified. Ultimately involvement with the build and test teams will be required to ensure adherence and accommodate any changes noticed during the build stage.
* have experience in being a consultant on complex programmes of work
* demonstrate strong ability to work effectively with Client SMEs
* sound knowledge of the Public Sector and the issues and problems affecting the service area
Experience in the following areas is essential:
* Production of documentation which adequately describes use case implementation, engineering patterns, services.
* Application of object orientated analysis and design principles and SOA principles.
* Working with the RedHat technology stack (Portal, Fuse ESB, BRMS).
* Working with and contributing to the domain model and object relational mapping integration.
* Ensuring the code produced adheres to an acceptable standard by working with the build teams and mentoring when required.
* Identifying any potential issues and providing feedback to the business analysts and product owners.
Experience in the following areas is desirable:
* Experience in object orientated analysis and design.
* Knowledge of ORM frameworks such as Hibernate, Open JPA and appropriately modelling data.
* Core Java knowledge and a minimum of 8 years commercial experience working with Java.
* Experience of producing system documentation involving UML, use case diagrams, class diagrams.
* Knowledge of JSF, preferably v2.2 Rich Faces.
* Java web services experience, contract first development using Apache CXF.
* Ability to mentor technical colleagues and review work.
* Communication skills appropriate for technical walkthroughs and also product owner workshops.
* Experience in BPMN 2.0 and business rules.
CGI is looking for new members to join a programme working with the Scottish Government on the Agriculture Food and Rural Communities (AFRC) - Futures Programme. Initially you will join this this fast paced and client facing delivery programme, working from the Scottish Government's offices in Edinburgh. The aim of the programme is to deliver an IT solution that will facilitate the European Union's Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) programme that provides financial support to farmers, crofters and rural businesses. As we reach the end of the third year of the engagement it is an exciting time to join both CGI and the programme. With strengthened client relations and an established team in place, you will be joining a CGI and Scottish Government team that is working together on a significant capital programme for Scotland
CGI is expanding by recruiting new members to its Edinburgh, Glasgow and Scottish Borders locations. CGI has recently opened a new office in Glasgow which has been custom designed to facilitate agile delivery and collaborative working and are due to open an office in the Scottish Borders in April 2017.
Please come and join us at CGI.
At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 65,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at .
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
|Contact Name||Nick Petruzziello|
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist