Chief ArchitectVacancy posted: Tuesday, 11 October 2016
Salary: £85000 - £105000 per annum + Benefits Package
Closing date: 25 October 2016
Job ref. no.: 314824/005
The business is currently going through an essential period of change of its systems and the Chief Architect will directing a team of technical designers and enterprise architects, currently organised in a design pool and currently being restructured into an e2e design capability and a small central architecture team. This role is reporting directly to the CIO.
The main responsibilities of the role will include:
- Optimising the current estate, by driving the delivery of end to end solution and service designs for new products whilst optimise the legacy systems
- Implementing a set of Enterprise Architecture designs to realise the vision of the company as defined within the overall business and technical strategies
- Establish and embed clear architectural governance processes across all business and technical change to ensure value for money, risk mitigation and successful delivery of change is achieved
- To ensure all of the Companys business and technical architecture changes align to a defined design target and methodology that allows the company to operate safe & reliable services to its customers and stakeholders;
- Ensure that all change to technical and business platforms aligns with all other aspects of change including financial, programme management, delivery and organisational change;
There will also be a significant focus on:
- Drive the overall design of the Transformation Programme to ensure the roadmap of change has a clear direction of travel in line with business and technology blue prints for the organisation;
- To give direction on the translation of business strategy, vision, goals and objectives to enable the strategic assessment of current capabilities, the identification of required changes in business capabilities, and the description of inter-relationships between people, organisation, service, process, and the external environment
- Direct the development of business and technical architecture designs, detailing the transition states, to achieve the target architecture for the Company
We are keen to speak to you if you are an experienced Architect with the following attributes and track record:
- Proven ability to lead and inspire technical architects and designers with less experience and build technical know how
- Experience of working with new emergent technologies and related products in particular those that underpin digital capabilities and able to understand, articulate and design how they could be utilised within company
- An understanding and experience of using of some or all of the following in a high transaction retail environment with a primary on-line channel
- Service Oriented Architectures, SAAS ,IAAS Open Standards
- Applications built using Java, .net, Redhat Linux, and other Open Source technologies and open standards i.e JBOSS, Apache/Tomcat products, micro services
- Applications built using Oracle products and environments i.e. middleware 8i through to 12g, Forms and batch processing
- IBM Power hardware, high availability systems. Internal cloud, resilience for volume transaction operations - Data Warehouse/Customer Repositories, data migrations, data analytics, MIS reporting User Interface build and optimisation
This is a senior appointment and a crucial role to the business, and essential you can deliver the main responsibilities within a large organisation. This is a permanent opportunity.
If you are a Lead/Head Architect and are looking for your next role, please send your CV on the first instance.
|Contact Name||Fiona Grant|
|Telephone||0141 343 3283|
About Harvey Nash
Have you seen my consultant profile? Click on meet the team on the right hand side, find my details and get in touch about roles in my area of expertise.
In Scotland we have offices in Edinburgh and Glasgow but we have over 40 offices globally.
Harvey Nash, a global professional recruitment consultancy and IT outsourcing service provider, is committed to delivering the very best talent and IT solutions to a broad base of international clients. The Group is a trusted advisor to some of the worldÃ¢â¬â¢s leading business, governments and institutions. Our talented professionals pursue the highest levels of integrity and quality in providing a unique portfolio of services: executive search, interim management, IT recruitment and IT outsourcing.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist