Cloud Operations ManagerVacancy posted: Wednesday, 28 September 2016
Salary: úcompetitive package
Job ref. no.: cloudpw
Cloud Operations Manager
Are you looking for the next step in your career? Do you want to work in a fast paced, dynamic and innovative environment where your skills and experience are not only valued and utilised but are key to driving company success?
We are looking for an experienced Cloud Operations Manager to join our technology team based in Kirkcaldy.
As Cloud Operations Manager you will lead the cloud operations team ensuring the management of services which regularly exceed customer expectations both in service availability, capacity, performance, security, technical incident resolution and customer service. You will ensure the team deliver a highly customer focused service, supporting complex multi-client mission critical services. A key focus of the role is the expansion and continual improvement of cloud service automation tools and processes to maximise standardisation and repeatability across cloud platforms. You will be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving complex issues across the entire cloud stack from operating systems to software applications as well as monitoring and assessing the demands for resources across their teams whilst ensuring effective and efficient delivery to the customer. Important to the role is the engagement and collaboration with service architects, engineering and product owners on the definition of technical service designs which balance the product features and the evolution of the technical landscape. You will execute the provisioning of new product instances or upgrades across all appropriate environments employing automation as much as possible. As Cloud Operations Manager, you will actively contribute to building an environment where continuous improvement of the cloud operations is in focus and where everyone’s common goal is to deliver outstanding services as quickly as possible. You will be passionate about developing and empowering your team, sharing information and encouraging a collaborative working environment.
- Strong leadership and coaching skills providing development and empowerment to your teams
- Highly analytical and solution focused with a focus on effectiveness, efficiency and excellence
- Experience in a technical / team leadership role.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Amazon Web Services (preferably certified).
- Experience working in a 247 on-call production environment providing secure, scalable, reliable, high uptime services.
- Designing and maintaining on cloud and on-premise, highly-available (HA) services.
- Linux/Unix Administration (Centos and Solaris)
- Oracle DBA skills including SQL and PL/SQL.
- Open source tools and technologies must include Apache, Tomcat, and jboss.
- Backup and Disaster Recovery strategies.
- Working in a DevOps environment integrating with Agile development squads.
- Scripting and/or development skills to automate everything. Python and Bash preferred.
- Experience provisioning continuous integration environments and supporting a continuous delivery pipeline.
- CI/CD tools including Jenkins,maven,sonar and nexus.
- Monitoring solutions (preferably Zabbix) .
- Experience with system management automation tools like Chef, Puppet or Ansible.
- Solid understanding of networking concepts and troubleshooting.
- Experience with windows servers
Join us in revolutionising the Pay TV industry! We specialise in uniting people and entertainment on an international scale with our cloud based SaaS subscription, billing & CRM solution. We have worked within the pay TV industry for over 17 years and support clients such as ITV, Sony, NBC Universal, Discovery, Box Nation to name a few.Company profile View all jobs with Paywizard
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist