Business AnalystVacancy posted: Thursday, 29 September 2016
Salary: £36000 - £41000 per annum + benefits
Closing date: 27 October 2016
Job ref. no.: J0916-1939
Business Analysts are required to join the AFRC Futures Programme which is developing a major new application to support Common Agricultural Policy Reform. As a business analyst, you will be responsible for requirements elicitation, performing detailed analysis, business process modelling activities. You will be expected to become sufficiently knowledgeable on functional features to provide guidance to development and testing teams .Skills
* experience across at least 12 significant clients / projects
* have experience in being a consultant on complex programmes of work
* demonstrate strong ability to work effectively with Client SMEs
* sound knowledge of the Public Sector and the issues and problems affecting the service area
* trained (and qualified) in the standard methodologies relevant to the required services
All successful candidates will also have demonstrable experience of the following:
* Process analysis and design
* Requirement capture and analysis (BRD, user stories, use cases)
* Extensive workshop facilitation experience
* Digital Transformation and the challenges and opportunities it presents
* Appreciation and adherence to good governance
* Business/data modelling tools (ideally BPMN, MS Visio)
* Functional design (UML, Use Case Modelling)
* Working with UI designers and solution architects
* Experience in contributing to bid proposals
Experience in one or more of the following areas is not mandatory but desirable:
* Business process management/workflow systems
* Web content management
* Website design principles
* Customer relationship management
* Document management/scanning/printing solutions
* Claims/Payments systems
* Contract management solutions
* Geo-spatial solutions
* Data migration
* Process design
* Requirements capture (user stories)
* Requirements modelling (UML, e.g. use cases, state diagrams)
* Support software product selection process
* Experience of working in a pre-sales environment supporting sales teams
Additional duties will include support of high level technical design work and product owners, involvement with test analysis and execution and the delivery of clear and timely communications to stakeholders in accordance with project governance requirements.
CGI is looking for new members to join a programme working with the Scottish Government on the Agriculture Food and Rural Communities (AFRC) - Futures Programme. Initially you will join this this fast paced and client facing delivery programme, working from the Scottish Government's offices in Edinburgh. The aim of the programme is to deliver an IT solution that will facilitate the European Union's Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) programme that provides financial support to farmers, crofters and rural businesses. As we reach the end of the third year of the engagement it is an exciting time to join both CGI and the programme. With strengthened client relations and an established team in place, you will be joining a CGI and Scottish Government team that is working together on a significant capital programme for Scotland
CGI is expanding by recruiting new members to its Edinburgh, Glasgow and Scottish Borders locations. CGI has recently opened a new office in Glasgow which has been custom designed to facilitate agile delivery and collaborative working and are due to open an office in the Scottish Borders in April 2017.
Please come join us.
At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 65,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at .
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
|Contact Name||Nick Petruzziello|
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist