Project Analyst (Plan Administrator)Vacancy posted: Thursday, 29 September 2016
Salary: £25000 - £32000 per annum + benefits
Closing date: 27 October 2016
Job ref. no.: J0916-1704
Project Analyst (Plan Administrator)
CGI is looking for a Project Analyst o join a programme working with the Scottish Government on the Agriculture Food and Rural Communities (AFRC) - Futures Programme. Initially you will join this this fast paced and client facing delivery programme, working from the Scottish Government's offices in Edinburgh. The aim of the programme is to deliver an IT solution that will facilitate the European Union's Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) programme that provides financial support to farmers, crofters and rural businesses. As we reach the end of the third year of the engagement it is an exciting time to join both CGI and the programme. With strengthened client relations and an established team in place, you will be joining a CGI and Scottish Government team that is working together on a significant capital programme for Scotland.
To ensure the effective execution of the core functions of the IT Delivery PMO, specifically supporting the Programme Manager, PMO Reporting Lead, Drop Leads and the wider programme team. Take responsibility for core aspects of the Programme Plan Management and Reporting.
The key activities will include, but not be limited to:-
1. Manage the Programme Plan to ensure quality, review and facilitate any updates to the Programme Plan. Challenge changes to Dates in the programme plan with the task owners, production of reporting plan metrics for any required governance meeting and attendance at client planning meetings as required. Production of weekly Programme Plan Reports.
2. Ensure only approved changes are applied to the Programme Plan.
3. Ensure approved Get Green Plans are reflected in the Programme Plan.
4. Ensure Plan version are appropriately stores and prior versions of the Programme Plan can be retrieved.
5. Support the IT Delivery Drop Project Management meetings by attending and capturing relevant actions and decisions and driving these to closure working with the Drop Lead
6. Ensure plans adhere to the Programme Governance model
7. Support to review and challenge the weekly drop reports, utilising the data to produce governance related material as required
8. Provide support in all aspects of communication within the team and client.
Key Relationships and Contacts
Internal * IT Delivery Team
External * Client
* 3rd Party Vendors
P3O, PRINCE 2 (both advantageous)
Professional knowledge of MS Project and Programme Planning, Programme/Project Governance, RAID Management, Change Control, Planning, Quality Management & Control & Internal/External Reporting.
Experience / other skills
* Experience of using MS Project on large Programme Plans and working in a challenging PMO environment as part of a large PMO team or on a large delivery focused programme in excess of £100m, government experience would be advantageous.
* Ability to communicate effectively internally and externally, offering good writing and documentation skills
* Willingness to work irregular hours to achieve project delivery objectives
* Experience of implementing & embedding new PMO processes & governance model
*Strong stakeholder management skills
*Using specific experience and insights gained to provide rigorous, objective challenge to the Programme Manager, PMO Reporting Lead and Drop Leads.
* Exhibit leadership in identifying and resolving issues
* Able to understand the baseline programme timeline and working with the programme team identify risks and issues that could impact the delivery plan
* Provide mentoring and coaching specifically to the Drop Leads in RAID Management
CGI is expanding by recruiting new members to its Edinburgh, Glasgow and Scottish Borders locations. CGI has recently opened a new office in Glasgow which has been custom designed to facilitate agile delivery and collaborative working and are due to open an office in the Scottish Borders in April 2017.
Please come and join us at CGI.
At CGI, we're a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 65,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at .
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
|Contact Name||Nick Petruzziello|
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist