Application Support AnalystVacancy posted: Tuesday, 11 October 2016
Axios Systems is an international IT Service Management software company developing, implementing and supporting assyst, a sophisticated and high-value business software solution. We specialise in delivering Service Desk and IT Service Management solutions to large blue-chip organisations and to the public sector while offering world class, best practice consultancy solutions.
Axios Systems is headquartered in Edinburgh with offices across the Americas, Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific. The Axios Service Centre, based in the West End of the city provides multi-lingual, 24x7 support to our growing customer base, globally. This support ranges from “how do I” questions to installation, configuration, diagnostics and performance investigations across a complex suite of applications, running on a variety of Application Server and Database platforms.
Axios Systems is currently recruiting for an Application Support Analyst to join our expanding team.
- To accurately record, progress and resolve internal and customer related issues
- To collaborate within the support structure and other resolving groups to achieve prompt and accurate resolutions of issues
- To participate in continuous improvement of the delivered service
- To work as part of a team supporting Axios Systems products on various operating systems as well as a large number of database platforms
- To provide support across a variety of shifts and patterns, including evening, night, and weekend shifts
To undertake Service Centre Support and project work, including;
- Provide excellent customer support for the Axios Systems suite of applications running on a variety of operating systems
- Investigate, diagnose and resolve issues involving SQL Server and Oracle databases
- Progress and resolve installation, configuration and performance issues with JBoss application servers (Websphere knowledge an advantage)
- Work closely with internal and external resolver groups, to provide a seamless and excellent support experience to customers
- Commitment and ability to continuously self-improve and develop through participation in internal training programmes, self–study training , and online-training courses
- Provide an element of desktop support to the internal Axios users (previous Desktop Support knowledge an advantage
Skills and experience
Demonstrable experience in the provision of customer service (not necessarily IT)
Basic knowledge and awareness of ITIL
Two+ years experience of installing and /or maintaining Windows XP, Windows 7 and 8
Windows Professional support (Servers, Desktops, Networking)
Two+ years experience of configuring and maintaining a mainstream database product such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 or MySQL.
Ability to create and amend SQL- queries and updates
Two+ years’ experience of supporting internal or external customers on a range of complex applications
Ability and commitment to learning new technologies and applications quickly
Reporting experience. SSRS, Crystal Reports etc.
Excellent organizational skills
Exposure to basic web development
Attention to detail with a high standard of English (grammar and spelling) both written and spoken
Experience with client side tracing tools and analysis of logs
Administration, configuration, deployment and sizing of one or more J2EE systems such as JBOSS, WebSphere or WebLogic
Proficiency in one additional language (Dutch) would be advantageous, but not essential
The organisation will offer a comprehensive benefits package to the successful candidate
About Axios Systems
Axios Systems is an international IT Service Management (ITSM) software company who develop, implement and support assyst, a sophisticated and high-value business software solution.
Headquartered in Edinburgh with offices across Europe, North America & Asia Pacific and with strategic partnerships worldwide, we specialise in delivering Help Desk and IT Service Management solutions to large blue-chip organisations and to the public sector while offering recognised world-class, best practice consultancy solutions.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Support AnalystHarvey Nash, edinburgh
- Helpdesk AnalystBe-IT Resourcing Ltd, edinburgh
- IT Support TechnicianBruce Stevenson Insurance Brokers, edinburgh
- IT Support AnalystThe Edrington Group (distillers), glasgow
- Application Support Analyst Opportunity (Service Desk)Cathcart Associates, edinburgh
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist