Database Designer - 3 Months ContractVacancy posted: Thursday, 13 October 2016
Job ref. no.: S1/KB/FED
This is an excellent contract opportunity that gives you a chance to work in one of Scotland’s largest database environments on projects that will be fast moving, both challenging and rewarding, and is definitely worth adding to your portfolio!
Be-IT, in cooperation with one of the UK’s most recognizable technology companies, is seeking an experienced Database Designer with solid PL/SQL development skills and working knowledge of Oracle RDBMS to actively participate in planning, design and development of large-scale solutions in a dynamic and diverse environment.
This role will require augmenting an existing data model and designing new entities to create a stable data platform for the future of the business. The data designer will be expected to undertake the design of Oracle databases, schema maintenance, data analysis and provide Oracle performance expertise. A variety of Oracle tools/technologies are employed across the estate e.g. Oracle Messaging Gateway (to MQ), Apex, AQ, GoldenGate Replication, VPD, TDE and Partitioning.
If you pride yourself on providing an exceptional service to your customers – this is the role for you!
- Database design experience in large-scale projects, preferably in an enterprise environment
- Solid SQL, PL/SQL programming skills and good knowledge of Oracle RDBMS
- Advanced Data Modelling skills
- Experience of using ER/Studio data modelling tool or similar data modelling tool
- Good analytical skills
- Oracle RDBMS Performance Tuning techniques
- Knowledge of Version Management software
- Ideally have exposure to varied technologies – databases, middleware, COTS packages and Java
- A working knowledge of Unix scripting
- Familiarity with the Agile Methodology
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to influence technical decisions across multiple stakeholders
Your key tasks will include:
- Defining and managing data schema designs
- Implementing schema change control processes
- You will work with development teams, analysts and solution designers to assess the data needs
- Supporting development teams as required, you will deliver data model and PL/SQL application code designs for implementation
- Designing efficient batch processes which act upon data
- You will be expected to define and assure data standards for CRM and other associated schemas
- You should be able to work to quality methods within a standards-based framework
- You will provide expert knowledge for Oracle database development and performance tuning of SQL & PLSQL code
Please apply online or send your CV directly to Karolina Bajbuz, alternatively, give Karolina a call for further details and a confidential discussion.
Follow Us: We post updates, vacancies & industry news on a daily basis on Twitter (@beITresourcing) and Linked In
Oracle / database / RDBMS/ PL/SQL / designer / developer / administrator / Unix
|Contact Name||Karolina Bajbuz|
|Telephone||0131 344 4780|
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist