Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 21 September 2016
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with an amazing company to develop your future career. Apply now!
You will be working for...
A company established in 1976. This IT Company provides innovative software and IT hardware solutions to companies across Scotland, ranging from small businesses to multinationals with global interests. IT hardware and support services are provided by our highly-trained, Microsoft Gold Certified Engineers who will create and deliver the best solution for your business
Be part of QA's 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
In this role you will be...
- Answering the telephone, booking in jobs, serving customers while keeping on top of their allocated repairs
- Repairing iPhones & iPads, including screen replacement, battery and dock replacement and water damage
- Repairing Samsung and other mobile devices, including Sony Xperia, HTC and LG
- Fault finding, based on the customer's description of the fault
- Repairing Apple Mac computers and Windows based machines
- Doing basic soldering of charging ports, USB sockets and components
Starts with a 12-14 month IT apprenticeship, which consists of training in small groups and work based assessment covering: Operating systems, Server administration, Customer support, Networking and Security.
You will gain a Diploma for Information Technology & Telecommunications Professionals SCQF Level 6 plus MCP in Windows 7/8 Configuration and Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1.
This is a fantastic opportunity to start a long and rewarding career in IT.
Who should apply...
The ideal candidate will have:
- Fantastic personal and language skills who is also a great team player
- Good multi-tasking skills and be able to work under pressure while maintaining a high level of work
- Confidence in opening and repairing various devices
- 5 standards (Level 1 - 3) OR 5 National Level 5 grades, both qualifications including Maths and English
What happens when I complete my apprenticeship...
Following a successful completion of the apprenticeship, the candidate could have the opportunity to progress further with the company.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
Job Reference: 9052
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist