Vacancy posted: Friday, 18 June 2010
Harvey Nash's client are a leading organisation operating within the technology arena who are now looking for an experienced UI Designer to develop and design the usability their solution user interfaces.
You will be an experienced UI Designer with a clear passion for user-led design and a hands on approach to analysing and understanding use cases to ensure portals and analysis tools are designed to a high level and meet their customers requirements and to then translate these into high quality and user focused interface designs.
- Work with solution management and client teams to understand and define requirements and end-user needs
- Develop use case scenarios and task flows for new features and functions.
- Create UI designs, prototypes and specifications to meet solution requirements.
- Work with Developers and Graphic Designers to ensure smooth and accurate implementation of UI designs.
- Seek user feedback on portals and designs and build this into the design process and ongoing development.
- Own and maintain the ongoing development of UI standards and guidelines for the business.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience designing user interfaces for web applications
- Ability to translate complex business requirements into user-centred UI designs
- Knowledge of usability standards and techniques and the ability to apply them throughout
- Proven ability to produce designs that fitwith technical constraints
- Strong communication skills at all levels within the business
- Flexible and pragmatic with the ability to work within a fast paced environment
- A hands on approach
- Prototyping tools
- Dreamweaver, Homsite or similar HTML editing tools
- Photoshop, illustrator, graphics packages.
This is a really exciting opportunity for someone who enjoys being hands on and in a challenging role focused on user-centred design.
Salary: c£40,000 (depending on experience)
To apply for this role, please send your CV to email@example.com or call 0131 260 5122
Job Reference: 159896
Closing Date: 25 June 2010
About Harvey Nash
Have you seen my consultant profile? Click on meet the team on the right hand side, find my details and get in touch about roles in my area of expertise. In Scotland we have offices in Edinburgh and Glasgow but we have over 40 offices globally. Harvey Nash, a global professional recruitment consultancy and IT outsourcing service provider, is committed to delivering the very best talent and IT solutions to a broad base of international clients. The Group is a trusted advisor to some of the world’s leading business, governments and institutions. Our talented professionals pursue the highest levels of integrity and quality in providing a unique portfolio of services: executive search, interim management, IT recruitment and IT outsourcing.