Vacancy posted: Monday, 3 October 2016
Do you want a fantastic opportunity to learn new skills and start a very rewarding career? Start here, apply now!
You will be working for...
Edinburgh's largest black taxi company. For over 45 years they have been Edinburgh's most reliable taxi company. A co-operative with over 1300 drivers from the local community, is proud to operate Edinburgh's biggest fleet with over 465 black cabs serving Edinburgh 24/7. They are a Market leader in the city, experts in delivering a superior service to our customers through innovation and are proud to be Scotland's first Carbon Neutral taxi company.
Be part of QA's 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
Your role will be to...
- Assist in the delivery of front line systems support across all areas of the business
- Assist in the provision of in-vehicle systems support to the fleet
- Assist in other aspects of IT within the company
Starts with a 12-14 month IT apprenticeship, which consists of training in small groups and work based assessment covering: Operating systems, Server administration, Customer support, Networking and Security.
You will gain a Diploma for Information Technology & Telecommunications Professionals SCQF Level 6 plus MCP in Windows 7/8 Configuration and Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1.
This is a fantastic opportunity to start a long and rewarding career in IT.
Who should apply...
The ideal candidate will have:
- A keen interest in IT and computing
- An understanding of effective customer care
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to analyse and interpret data
- The ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team
- The ability to investigate and resolve problems
- The ability to maintain confidentiality
- Effective organisational and time management skills
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Someone with 5 standards (Level 1 - 3) OR 5 National Level 5 grades, both qualifications including Maths and English
Other Important Information...
- You will be given the practical work experience and qualifications you need to develop your skills and help to secure a career for the future
- You will undertake a SCQF Level 6 in IT and Telecommunications, with on the job training as part of the modern apprenticeship
What happens when I complete my apprenticeship...
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their IT tionally may be opportunities to undertake further learning such as Higher apprenticeships.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
Job Reference: 9175
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist