Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 28 September 2016
Are you looking for an exciting and rewarding opportunity and the chance to earn whilst you learn? Then apply now!
You will be working for...
A full service creative agency who offer creative, design and digital services. They create big ideas for businesses and execute them beautifully across websites, advertising - online and offline, brochures, branding, exhibitions and outdoor events.
Founded in 2011, the company is a hand-picked collection of highly experienced creative professionals. Their expertise is coupled with genuine enthusiasm to provide engaging creative solutions for their clients, which in-turn maximises the return they get from their investment in brand communications.
Be part of QA's 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
Your role will be...
- Maintaining existing websites and working with Senior development team to provide our customers with high quality support at all times
- Assisting in the creation of new custom websites
- Developing new technology for all our websites as required
- Working closely with senior developer and front-end designer to test and deploy all web solutions
Are you a bit of a problem-solver? Eager to take your technology knowledge to the next level?
Our training programme is designed to provide you with real-world skills using the most recent IT Technologies to transform you into a highly-skilled IT Apprentice (all debt free!)Our apprenticeships blends on-the-job experience, face-to-face workshops and online learning which will teach you a range of new skills including:
- Fundamental Programming and IT System
What qualifications will you gain?
- SCQF 6 Qualifications (Equivalent to Working At Advanced Higher/HNC Level), SQA SCQF 6 Diploma In ICT and Telecommunication Professional
- Vendor qualifications - C# TRACK, MTA Software Development Fundamentals (Exam Optional Cost), JAVA TRACK, Oracle Certified Associate (OCA), Java SE 7 Programmer (Exam Optional Cost), OPEN SOURCE TRACK, Open Source Web Development (No Exam), PHP Fundamentals and SQL (NO EXAM), Advanced PHP, WordPress and Magento (No Exam)
- SCQF 8 Qualifications (Equivalent to Second Year of Degree Study), SQA SCQF 8 Diploma in ICT and Telecommunication Professional
Programme duration: 16 - 24 month Higher IT apprenticeship (with opportunity to step off after Part 1* if you find that the training/role isn't for you)- * If you choose to step off, you would still gain SCQF 6 qualifications equivalent to working at advanced higher/HNC level.
Who should apply...
The ideal candidate will have:
- A real passion for coding and programming
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong fundamental knowledge of coding and programming languages
- The ability to take ownership of the workload and progress work as required
- 5 standards (Level 1 - 3) OR 5 National Level 5 grades, both qualifications including Maths and English would be ideal
What happens when I complete my apprenticeship...
You will have the opportunity to continue onto a Web Developer position.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached
Job Reference: 9135
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist