Vacancy posted: Monday, 3 October 2016
You will be working for...
An energy services business based in Glasgow, Scotland that specializes in designing and manufacturing engineering systems to improve heat exchanger thermal efficiency in fossil fuel installations. The company works with power stations, oil refineries and marine applications, lowering environmental emissions and helping facilities meet their challenge of reducing these emissions.
The Glasgow facility also supports the specific requirements of the Petrochemical industry and, in particular, the many, widely varying worldwide standards on hazardous area designed products.
Our customer base is wide and reflects a very international structure to our business, and includes key players including the following; Alfa Laval Aalborg, Heurtey Petrochem, Saudi Aramco, Lummus, Howden, Doosan Power Systems, Scottish Power, Linde, Kirchner, Foster Wheeler, INEOS, BP, Esso, Shell, , RWE, SSE and many others.
The company also exports to over 70 countries per annum and has won numerous business and export awards.
Be part of QA's 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
Your role will involve...
- Dealing with data input, maintenance and retrieval
- Preparing and reviewing documents
- Answering email and telephone enquiries both internally and externally
- Booking Travel Arrangements
- Ensuring that all orders and SAP transactions are managed in a timely manner to ensure maximum possibility that orders will be accurately executed and delivered on time
- Supporting NE/S&S/Spares and Service activities, ensuring best possible communications and processing of orders to begin our business processes effectively and to ensure we close out through the invoicing and shipping processes effectively
- Collating all information relating to each service job, prepare and issue an accurate invoice for the customer
- Co-ordinate the Service Engineer workload and managing diaries
- Carrying out general administrative duties (scanning, filing, printing)
Starts with a 12-14 month Digital Applications apprenticeship, which consists of training in small groups and work-based assessment, covering: Search - SEO and PPC, Design, Online advertising, Email marketing, Social media and Image and video editing.
You will gain an SCQF Level 6 with the potential of gaining a further Level 8 in IT, focusing on Digital Applications. This is a fantastic opportunity to start a long and rewarding career in Digital Skills.
Who should apply...
The ideal candidate will be:
- Computer literate, with a good knowledge of Microsoft packages and Excel
- Someone with a polite and professional telephone manner
- Someone with good grammar skills, who has command of the English language
- Someone with excellent numerical skills and good customer relations skills
- Someone with a high attention to detail, the ability to work as part of a team who has good time keeping and organisational skills
- Someone with 5 standards (Level 1 - 3) OR 5 National Level 5 grades, both qualifications including Maths and English
Other Important Information...
The daily working hours: 8.30am-5pm, Monday-Friday
What happens when I complete my apprenticeship...
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their Digital Applications apprenticeship. Additionally may be opportunities to undertake further learning such as Higher apprenticeships.
It only takes a minute to apply for a Digital Applications apprenticeship with QA and begin your Digital Applications career with great prospects today.
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
Job Reference: 9171
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist