Vacancy posted: Monday, 3 October 2016
This is a brilliant position for an enthusiastic and eager-to-learn individual to start their career with an exciting apprenticeship. Apply today to kick-start your career!
You will be working for...
A property and infrastructure support services company delivering integrated Building and Facilities Management Services. Working within a team of over 3,500 people on behalf of a diverse client base across a range of market sectors and service streams.
They believe in making a difference. They stand for service excellence, integrity, innovation, people and performance. People-focused values and principles drive quality customer service delivery and real value for their clients whilst originality and innovation continually helps them improve their growing business.
Be part of QA's 10k in tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
In this job you will be doing...
- Providing both software and hardware support to all end-users
- Resolving support incidents through to completion
- Supporting of key business, and bespoke applications used throughout the business
- Maintaining performance and availability of systems to agreed service levels
- Assisting with the administration of user accounts, across various platforms (AD, Exchange, Phone systems etc.)
- Building and installation of software images, operating systems and applications
- Planning, managing and maintaining IT assets to ensure the accuracy and consistency of CMDB
- Visiting sites and dealing with project work as required
- Supporting the team through the development and maintenance of operating process, with technical and procedure documentation
Your training will...
Start with a 12-14 month IT apprenticeship, which consists of training in small groups and work based assessment covering: Operating systems, Server administration, Customer support, Networking and Security.
You will gain a Diploma for Information Technology & Telecommunications Professionals SCQF Level 6 plus MCP in Windows 7/8 Configuration and Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1.
This is a fantastic opportunity to start a long and rewarding career in IT.
Who should apply...
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to balance competing priorities and workloads
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work required
- A willingness and ability to work as a member of a team
The candidate must have at least 5 standards (Level 1 - 3) OR 5 National Level 5 grades, both qualifications must include Maths and English.
What happens when I finish my apprenticeship...
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their IT apprenticeship. Additionally may be opportunities to undertake further learning such as Higher apprenticeships.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
Job Reference: 9176
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist