Vacancy posted: Wednesday, 12 October 2016
Do you want a fantastic opportunity to learn new skills and start a very rewarding career? Start here, apply now!
You will be working for...
A company that is Scotland's premier computer retailer, specialising in computer sales, laptop, and desktop repairs for public, education and business. Additional services include network configuring and mobile and tablet repairs
Be part of QA's 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
Your role will be...
- Assisting on many duties and projects
- Dealing with customers face to face or over the telephone, helping them with their enquiries
- Booking jobs in and out
- Learning Database systems
- Doing onsite installation and network configuration
- Repairing laptops, desktop PC's, mobiles, tablets etc
- Doing stock control
- Doing ad hoc duties when required
Starts with a 12-14 month IT apprenticeship, which consists of training in small groups and work based assessment covering: Operating systems, Server administration, Customer support, Networking and Security.
You will gain a Diploma for Information Technology & Telecommunications Professionals SCQF Level 6 plus MCP in Windows 7/8 Configuration and Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1.
This is a fantastic opportunity to start a long and rewarding career in IT.
Who should apply...
The ideal candidate will be...
- Someone with a wide IT knowledge as demonstrated by relevant qualifications
- A quick learner who responds well to new tasks
- Well organised and able to work with a high degree of accuracy
- Dependable, self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- A good team player who can work productively with colleagues
- Positive and enthusiastic with excellent communication skills
- Willing to work towards further IT qualifications
- Someone with 5 standards (Level 1 - 3) OR 5 National Level 5 grades, both qualifications including Maths and English
Other Important Information...
Daily working hours are from 9:00am - 5:30pm, Monday - Friday
What happens when I complete my apprenticeship...
You will have the opportunity to gain further IT qualifications within the workplace and scope to progress to sales technical advisor after 1 year.
It only takes a minute to apply for an IT apprenticeship with QA and begin your IT career with great prospects today.
QA's apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe's main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.
Job Reference: 9294
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist