Infrastructure EngineerVacancy posted: Wednesday, 28 September 2016
This role is technical in nature and focuses on delivering a robust, reliable and risk-managed service for internal and external users in a cost effective manner.
The role is responsible for servers and storage area network hardware; Vmware ESX server estate; Active Directory domains; email systems including Exchange; backup systems; antivirus; internal applications including Finance and HR systems; office systems including printers and faxes.
Availability: Ensure that uptime SLA's are met every month for systems that you are responsible for by managing and resolving issues logs; performing scheduled maintenance to minimise disruption; managing third party support contracts where required to provide support levels.
Performance: Ensure that performance SLA's are met every month for systems that you are responsible for by monitoring system performance, capacity and growth; suggesting and implementing performance improvements and hardware/software refreshes.
Information Security: Ensure that the FNZ network and systems are internally and externally secure by following existing policies and procedures and documenting for audit purposes as required by AAF/ISO27001; implementing security projects; completing risk assessments and build guides for new and existing systems.
Business Continuity: Ensure that FNZ-held data is secure and backed up by: ensuring that regular backups and made and are tested; participating in yearly BCP & DR tests; leading the BCP team; ensuring that any new build is in line with company requirements and departmental policy for resilience and availability; documenting resilience and backup plans for all new builds.
Training: Develop professional and technical knowledge and skills via the various means available to meet Continuing Professional Development requirements.
Project Work: Implement new projects to a high level of quality as directed by senior colleagues.
- Degree qualified 1st Class Honours equivalent in Engineering or Information Systems
- MCSE 2003/2008 or equivalent industry experience and Exchange 2003 skills essential.
- Multi-tiered website experience desirable
- Keen interest in and knowledge of latest server and storage technologies
- Successfully implemented Infrastructure projects
- Independent and delivery-focused working style
- Superior problem solving capabilities
- Able to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent time-management skills
- Excellent team communication skills, confident in dealing with internal and external clients
About FNZ UK Ltd
At FNZ, we like to do things differently. And, for us, differentiation means giving our customers the power to create something entirely new for their clients. It means giving each and every system we create a distinctive look and feel - and an intuitive user interface. And it means backing this up with the support that keeps it all in a market leading condition.
Our business was founded on the belief that we offer something unique. We look to match technical ability with true thought leadership, providing experience and fresh ideas in equal measure to help you achieve something that will truly stand out in the market. Thats exactly what we do. And it lets you do what you do best.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Supply Venue Assistant, Linlithgow Burgh Halls and Howden Park Centre (367.70)West Lothian Council, west-lothian
- Catering Assistant (Bank Register)East Ayrshire Council, ayrshire-east
- Administrative AssistantThe Educational Institute of Scotland, edinburgh
- Packing Operator - NightshiftUnited Biscuits , glasgow
- Customer Assistant - Part Time - Port Glasgow - ScotlandLIDL UK, port-glasgow
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist