Infrastructure Support EngineerVacancy posted: Tuesday, 18 October 2016
Salary: £35000 - £40000 per annum
Closing date: 01 November 2016
Job ref. no.: SM1810ISE
McGregor Boyall are working with a Software Company who design financial applications to recruit an Infrastructure Support Engineer to join their team in Edinburgh. This role is technical in nature and focuses on delivering a robust, reliable and risk-managed service for internal and external users in a cost effective manner.
The role is responsible for servers and storage area network hardware; VMWare ESX server estate; Active Directory domains; email systems including Exchange; backup systems; antivirus; internal applications including Finance and HR systems; office systems including printers and faxes.
Availability: Ensure that uptime SLA's are met every month for systems that you are responsible for by managing and resolving issues logs; performing scheduled maintenance to minimise disruption; managing third party support contracts where required to provide support levels.
Performance: Ensure that performance SLA's are met every month for systems that you are responsible for by monitoring system performance, capacity and growth; suggesting and implementing performance improvements and hardware/software refreshes.
Information Security: Ensure that the network and systems are internally and externally secure by following existing policies and procedures and documenting for audit purposes as required by AAF/ISO27001; implementing security projects; completing risk assessments and build guides for new and existing systems.
Business Continuity: Ensure that company-held data is secure and backed up by: ensuring that regular backups and made and are tested; participating in yearly BCP & DR tests; leading the BCP team; ensuring that any new build is in line with company requirements and departmental policy for resilience and availability; documenting resilience and backup plans for all new builds.
Training: Develop professional and technical knowledge and skills via the various means available to meet Continuing Professional Development requirements.
- Degree qualified 1st Class honours or equivalent in Engineering or Information Systems
- MCSE 2003/2008 or equivalent industry experience and Exchange 2003 skills essential.
- Multi-tiered website experience desirable
- Keen interest in and knowledge of latest server and storage technologies
- Successfully implemented Infrastructure projects
- Independent and delivery-focused working style
- Superior problem solving capabilities
- Able to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent time-management skills
- Excellent team communication skills, confident in dealing with internal and external clients
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.
|Contact Name||Sean McDermott|
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist