IT Solutions EngineerVacancy posted: Friday, 23 September 2016
Salary: £28,000 - 32,000 DOE
Job ref. no.: Deployments
Solutions Engineer Glasgow - Top 3 Managed Cloud Computing Company
£28,000 – 32,000 per annum DOE
iomart is one of the leading providers of cloud computing and managed hosting. Headquartered in Glasgow, iomart employs over 350 talented staff in offices and datacentres across the UK. Originally founded in 1998, it is listed on the London Stock Exchange and specialises in delivering cloud consultancy, facilitation and digital transformation to ISVs, SMEs, enterprises and the UK public sector.
iomart’s employees help enable any size of business and organisations to operate their online data and IT environments safely and securely. Our technical staff are experts in public, private and hybrid cloud solutions - including AWS and Microsoft Azure – as well as data centre and network engineering. iomart owns and operates a network of UK data centres connected by a high capacity private fibre network and backed by 24/7 technical support.
iomart Group plc is delighted to offer this opportunity for an experienced Solutions Engineer to join one of the UK’s leading managed hosting companies.
The Solutions Engineer role will be part of the Deployments Team, which forms part of the Technical Operations Team delivering high value managed hosting and co-location solutions to a wide range of customers. You will manage a wide range of hardware, operating systems and network configurations. You will take ownership for the implementation of technical solutions of all iomart managed hosting and co-location customers.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
• Manage the deployment of customer contracts for Managed Hosting and Co-location within the Iomart Data Centre footprint
• Communicate with suppliers and customers’ technical teams as necessary
• Provide technical support and/or information to the Pre-Sales/Sales teams to assist them deliver customers’ technical solutions
• Take part in client facing discussions via face to face, email, telephone and other forms of communication to assist in the project delivery role
• Ensure detailed handover of all deployed projects to Iomart Hosting support teams
• Assist Iomart hosting support teams with post-setup issues
Secondary Roles and Responsibilities
• Work with Manager as necessary to attain relevant industry compliance certification
- A high level of knowledge of the operation and configuration of a wide range of server systems including Dell, HP, EMC
- a high level of knowledge of the operation and configuration of Cisco network devices including Catalyst series switches, ASA Series firewalls and CSS series application layer devices.
- a high level of knowledge of the installation and configuration of key operating systems and service including RHEL, CentOS, Solaris, Windows Server 200X
- a high level of knowledge of key principles of high availability including Database Cluster, Load Balancing and SAN and NAS architectures, Internet network topologies and network device configuration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- High degree of self-motivation
- Must work well within a team
- Must be able to demonstrate and ability to deliver quality work within tight timescales
- Knowledge of Project Management processes and technologies
- Knowledge of ITIL
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project
What do we offer in return? ….
- We’ll shout you to lunch once a month
- ½ Day off on your Birthday
- Breakfast on us every day, including a hot roll on Fridays
- Free on-site car parking
- Long service benefits
- Snacks, drinks and fruit all day, everyday
- Share save and childcare voucher schemes
- Supported training and access to an online training portal 24/7
Training & Development
As you can gather, we have a relaxed and friendly working environment but don’t be fooled; you will be working with some of the country’s best talent and greatest technical experts. We want our people to thrive, prosper and to leave work every day feeling valued and that they have made a difference. Talented, motivated and creative people lie at the heart of our success so we invest heavily in our people and their professional and personal development through technical certification, our online training portal and our Management and Leadership Development Programme.
We look forward to hearing from you ………
iomart is one of the leading providers of cloud computing and managed hosting. Headquartered in Glasgow, iomart employs over 350 staff in offices and data centres across the UK. iomart is interested in recruiting a range of staff to fill roles across its datacentre, development, sales and technical support teams.Company profile View all jobs with iomart
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Internal IT Support Engineer - Top 3 Managed Cloud ComputingRecruitment Revolution, glasgow
- Helpdesk AnalystGetronics Ltd, glasgow
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist