Lead DevOps EngineerVacancy posted: Wednesday, 28 September 2016
Closing date: 28 October 2016
Job ref. no.: LDE2809LE
Lead DevOps Engineer
Location : Edinburgh
Cloudreach is an idea that started out in a London pub. We’re now a global cloud enabler and partner with the very best cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Salesforce). We have hubs in Europe and North America, with more certified technical staff than anyone else in the world. Cloudreach works on challenging technical projects such as data centre migrations, data analytics, and managing digital estates. This is not your average company; we keep our feet on the ground and our heads in the cloud.
We are looking for an experienced systems administrator, engineer or analyst who has a passion for operations and is keen to grow their technical, professional and leadership skills in a fast growing company. We subscribe to the concept of "DevOps", where we use development skills in the operational environment in order to increase service quality. Typically our customers use an extensive array of technology running on either Linux or the Microsoft stack. The intent is to fix or work around the root cause of operational issues, so that they do not re-occur.
Some Of The Cool Technologies You Will Be Working With Are
- Linux & Microsoft technologies : Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, SQL, IIS, AD DS, Containerisation (Docker)
- Amazon Web Services : EC2, S3, CloudFormation, Lambda, DynamoDB, RDS.
- Microsoft Azure : Web Apps, Cloud Services, Azure Automation.
- Scripting/ Version Control : Bash, Powershell, Ruby, Python, Bitbucket, Github.
- Bespoke monitoring platforms : Zenoss, Nagios, SysDig, Datadog, New Relic, Alert Logic.
- PaaS/IaaS : Heroku, Cloud Foundry, DEIS
- Chef Configuration management.
- Splunk data acquisition
What does a Lead DevOps Engineer do?
- Act as an escalation point for incident/problem cases related to the support of customer systems in line with Service Level Agreements
- Mentoring Engineers & Analysts to promote personal & professional growth.
- Liaise with customers directly in the case of major incidents
- Assist Engineers with pro-active maintenance
- Ensure Engineer's knowledge base is accurately maintained
- Encourage continual improvement of platforms and processes.
What do we look for?
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent Linux and Microsoft system administration skills
- Scripting and Automation experience of Operating Systems and Services
- Highly motivated and proactive
- Excellent planner and communicator (spoken and written English, other languages a plus)
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- ITIL aware
- We would like to see someone who has had exposure to infrastructure with automation
- We value hard, demonstrated experience over everything else, however a strong bachelor’s degree or masters equivalent in Informatics, Engineering or Computer Sciences from a leading university or up to date vendor certifications will definitely push your CV to the top of the list
- A great "cloudy fit": Someone who is easy to work with, is one step ahead, respects individuality, and promotes personal growth.
- You have a strong eye for detail, and are persistent (and consistent!) in achieving what you set out to achieve.
- You are highly numerate and analytical, and understand how to optimise numerical problems.
- You are customer centric, and realise the value of providing excellent customer services.
- You get cloud computing, and know how it is changing the way that applications, services and business itself is run.
What are our cloudy perks?
- MacBook Pro, big screen monitor and a super cool smartphone
- Unique ‘cloudy’ culture where we work hard and play hard
- Uncapped holidays.....seriously.
- We believe in rewarding work when it’s done; if you do something amazing, we’ll give you a spot bonus.
- We provide world-class technical training and career development opportunities.
- Centrally-located offices
- Fully stocked in-office kitchen and team ‘cloudy’ lunches, taking over a restaurant every Friday. There are also cool office amenities like a pool table, foosball, and Xbox on the big screen TV.
- Working with a collaborative, social team and levelling-up your skills faster than you will anywhere else
- Quarterly parties around Europe and an annual kick off event in a cool destination. Last year, it was in Spain!
|Contact Name||Luke Eaton|
|Address||77 Montgomery Street,
About Cloudreach Europe Limited
Cloudreach is an idea that started out in a London pub. We're now a global cloud enabler and partner with the very best cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Salesforce). We have hubs in Europe and North America, with more certified technical staff than anyone else in the world. Cloudreach works on challenging technical projects such as data center migrations, data analytics, and managing digital estates. This is not your average company; we keep our feet on the ground and our heads in the clouds.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist