IT Security And Infrastructure EngineerVacancy posted: Monday, 3 October 2016
Closing date: 03 November 2016
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law.
Our people are our greatest asset. We bring together lawyers of the highest calibre with the technical knowledge, industry experience and regional know-how to provide the incisive advice our clients need. How we share our knowledge across our business, and with our clients, is critical in delivering value to our clients.
We currently have 25 offices in 15 countries and a number of referral relationships that enable us to offer the reach and insight of a global network, combined with the knowledge and understanding of local markets. With 420 partners and a further 1,450 lawyers working across 10 different time zones, we are able to respond to our clients wherever and whenever they need us.
Our clients value us for being approachable, astute and commercially minded. As a global team we have a reputation for successfully managing large and complex multi-jurisdictional transactions, disputes and projects, and delivering outstanding outcomes for clients in innovative ways.
Ashurst regards an inclusive and diverse environment as critical to its business success. Accordingly, the firm encourages applications from candidates representative of all talent pools. Find about more about our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy on the "About Us" section of our website.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Title: IT Security and Infrastructure Engineer
Reporting to: Operations Team Leader
Location: Based in Ashurst’s Glasgow office, however, you may be required to work on an ad-hoc basis from the London office. International travel may be required.
Hours: Either 8:30 am – 5.00 pm or 9:00 am – 17:30 pm –Monday to Friday. You will also be required to be part of a callout rota (currently once every 3 weeks)
Overview: The IT Security Infrastructure Engineer will analyse, design and document infrastructure solutions with a BAU security focus. The Key element to this role is the daily management, and improvement or key Ashurst security controls and processes such as: AV, Malware, Web Proxy, IPS, Email scanning services. In addition this role will provide hands-on 3rd line operational support for Ashurst's IT systems. This role will be responsible for designing and delivering cost effective infrastructure solutions meeting the business performance requirements. This role will also take lead in infrastructure projects as well as support production infrastructure, following the relevant processes, aligned to ITIL. This role will balance the daily security element with the broader daily infrastructure activities.
Some international travel is envisaged for this role
- Regular review and management of security control systems including :
- AV Client
- AV Email
- Providing, maintaining, and promoting compliance of internal procedural and technical documentation with particular interest in security procedures
- The interception of attacks, forensic review of how these attacks vector into our network and develop mitigation plans to improve security.
- Review and patching of systems where security vulnerabilities have been highlighted.
- Monitoring of all servers and infrastructure applications
- Working with project managers to deliver projects to agreed design and standards
- Support and maintain all back office systems and attached services worldwide
- Configuration and support of Active Directory services, Group Policies, as well as anti-virus and web servers.
- Reactive monitoring using various tools
- Managing of Microsoft Office suites and good knowledge of other MS applications including IIS, ISA, proxy
- 3rd line support Microsoft BackOffice products inc Exchange/IIS/ISA/DNS/WINS/DHCP/AD, ensuring full system availability.
- 3rd line Exchange 2003/2010 troubleshooting
- Liaising with the Service delivery team for second line, architectural support and escalation to vendors
- Raising problem records with vendors and follow ups
Understanding of software deployment tools, in particular WSUS, in deploying MS security patches, service packs, and OS updates/upgrades
Essential skills and experience:
- In Depth Knowledge of:
- An understanding of forensic/security toolsets and methods to detect, analyse, track, and mitigate vulnerabilities and exposures
- Experience of Microsoft Active Directory 2003/2008
- Experience of Windows 2003/2008 Server and supporting technologies such as DNS,WINS,DHCP
- An understanding of security in an internet environment
- Exposure to a scripting language such as Windows Scripting Host or VB script.
- Knowledge of security and infrastructure standards (e.g. ISO)
- Virtualisation Technologies in particular Vmware vSphere
- Experience in ISA, Proxy
- Significant relevant work experience in a similar role
Desirable skills and experience
- MCSE qualified with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Back Office products (Exchange, SQL, IIS, and MOM etc)
- Microsoft clustering Technology
- Experience of Exchange 2010
- An understanding of firewalls and firewall technologies.
- An understanding of LAN / WAN technologies.
- Exposure to PowerShell
- Exposure to Dell hardware.
- ITIL certification
- Experience of working in a professional services environment
- Advocate of security in both actions and daily procedures across the entire IT team. Ability to encourage process improvement from within IT team.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to changing environment, team player, detail oriented, logical thinker with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to identify critical issues and deal with or escalate them
- Ability to concentrate on several areas of work at one time, priority their work loads
- Dynamic, outgoing, self motivated person
- Ability to prioritize and deliver service, to agreed service levels, within a diverse and constantly changing technical environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills
- Proven track record in large scale infrastructure design and delivery
- Methodical and logical approach with experience of problem solving
- Maintain good working relationships with all members of IT
- Professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Flexible approach to role
- Highly motivated, willing to continually update knowledge and skill set
- Ability to liaise and communicate with all levels of staff within IT and across the business
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist