We are looking for application developers within the OpenWealth Application Technology team to help develop, maintain and support various platforms that support the UK OpenWealth Wrap Administration business.
Due to the history and legacy of the wealth management industry, a number of processes have historically relied on paper, spreadsheets or manual processes across multiple teams to deliver service. This can lead to constraints in attaining the industry-leading SLAs to which the business aspires. The role adds value by transforming business processes to achieve greater efficiency, reliability and scalability, allowing the business to take on new clients in a scalable manner whilst adhering to demanding SLAs.
The role offers an opportunity to be a core part of an ongoing project to improve the business as it takes on new clients. The successful candidate will continue to develop their wrap market knowledge, benefiting from being part of a growing and exciting industry undergoing rapid technological change and development.
Day-to-day job responsibilities include participating in the full development life cycle of new functionality and enhancements to reporting and interfacing functionality for Talisman/Sonata/Autorek applications. The ability and willingness to work in this fast moving environment will test the candidate’s ability to both multitask and deliver solid technical solutions. Strong written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills are essential as the successful candidate team in London and Glasgow. The candidate will also be responsible for providing 3rd level support for the applications. In addition to new enhancements the candidate is also expected to assist in the migration of the legacy of Sonata/Autorek running in Citi data centre to BSL/Vodafone data centre. This role also provides the candidate an opportunity to work in Wrap Administration IT and gain expertise both in terms of business flows and their technical implementation.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Substantial experience in Oracle/SQLServer, PL/SQL, scripting, stored procedures, data modelling
- Substantial experience in designing and building SSIS packages
- Experience in designing and building reporting solutions using SQL Server/Oracle
- Experience in designing and architecting medium to complex systems, well versed with design standards & framework
- Experience in working on multiple technologies and complex projects
- Quick learner of new tools and technologies.
- SQL Server 2008 Integration and Reporting Services
- Previous experience of Extract \ Transformation \ Load development and toolsets
- RDBMS – Oracle/Sybase/SQL server programming
- PL/SQL development and performance tuning
- Core Java, Hibernate, HTML, DHTML, XML, XSL, Java Script, CSS, JSP, Servlets, EJB, Web Services
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience of wealth management and financial services
- At least 3-5 years experience as developer
- Good knowledge of quality standards, UK financial services legislation and best practice
- Knowledge of Java Enterprise application design
- Knowledge of SOAP web services
- Knowledge of ETL file transformation processes
- Experience in XML technologies e.g. XML, XSLT, SOAP
- Java coding knowledge
- Performance tuning experience
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist