Senior Unix And Server Storage AnalystVacancy posted: Friday, 14 October 2016
Salary: £DOE plus on call allowance
Job ref. no.: DPS614
Senior Unix and Server Storage Analyst – Financial Services/Public Sector
Senior Unix Server & Storage Analyst to join a team responsible for supporting and strategically managing our client’s Unix server and storage infrastructure. You will be responsible for the support and implementation of hardware and software standards for the Unix and storage estate, and ensuring ‘best practice’ standards, policies and procedures are followed. This role offers a competitive salary, with excellent additional benefits including on call allowance.
Experience and skills required:
Experience working in an ICT infrastructure support environment, Linux, AIX, SAN
• Must have strong hands-on technical knowledge of Unix and Storage technologies, including: Linux, AIX, RHEL, RHEV, VMWare, SAN
• Working knowledge of networking and virtualisation technologies
• Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
• Strong customer orientation
• Exhibits flexibility, initiative and self reliance, and willingness to act as go to person when it comes to the Unix and associated technologies supporting both project and operations
• Excellent knowledge and experience of administering and supporting AIX 5.3, 6.1 & 7.1 running on IBM Power 5, 6 & 7 hardware management, and experience of Power Virtualisation.
• Excellent knowledge and experience of administering and supporting Tru-64 Unix and underlying HP Alpha hardware
• Excellent knowledge and experience of administering and supporting Red Hat Enterprise Linux versions 5, 6 & 7
• Excellent knowledge and experience of administering and supporting IBM Storage Systems including XIV, V7000 and SAN Infrastructures
• Good working knowledge and experience of a
Provide 3rd level technical support for Unix and Server Storage in support of the corporate, departmental and individual objectives.
• Ensure the Unix and storage infrastructure and associated technologies remain current, supported, highly available, operate efficiently, perform within agreed targets, and deliver a secure platform on which the company can carry out its business.
• Provide 3rd line specialist support to users of the system, working in collaboration with other operations and wider technical community in order to diagnose and fix service affecting issues.
• Liaise with other operations teams and the wider technical community on design, implementation, and transition to BAU operation of new server and storage infrastructure.
• Drive service improvement initiatives to ensure the server estate is current and supportable
About the Role and company
This role will be working for a large government owned not for profit making organisation based in Glasgow City centre. The Senior Unix Server & Storage Analyst will have additional responsibility for driving service improvement initiatives, mentoring less experienced members of the team and acting as a technical escalation point for complex issues, deputising for the Server & Storage manager as required. You will be required to ensure that you keep abreast of new technology developments and providing in-house training where required
|Contact Name||Mark Durham|
|Telephone||0141 244 0246|
About Durham Professional Services
Durham Professional Services is a Recruitment Business founded by 2 of ScotlandÃ¢Ã¢â¬Ã¢â¢s most successful Recruitment professionals with a simple philosophy of placing the right people with the right company.
Our unique partner approach with clients and candidates, which was founded on service excellence, allows us to provide a bespoke recruitment service which adds value at every stage of the recruitment process.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist