Senior Mainframe Security EngineerVacancy posted: Friday, 14 October 2016
Salary: £50000 - £60000 per annum + leading benefits package
Closing date: 28 October 2016
Job ref. no.: 318451/001
The team enable the firm to manage its technology and data related risks through implementing proactive, comprehensive and consistent risk management practices across, to protect the franchise while capturing business opportunities. The team partners with the business by ensuring that Technology and Data understands how to manage, escalate and monitor risk.
The role of Mainframe Security engineer has the primary responsibilities:
- Engineering support of ISG Mainframe Security products (TSS, TSS Admin Express, CA- Auditor, CA-Cleanup, CA-Compliance Manager, etc.) and initiatives (Separation of Production and Development environments, Entitlements cleanups, etc.)
- Escalation point for ISG Mainframe Security outages
- Interaction with technology teams such as Systems Programming, DBA, etc.
- Scheduling/coordination of upgrades/patches
- Testing/System check outs of upgrades/patches
- Develop technical solutions to business problems based upon security best practices
- Develop automation, tooling, reports, utilities, and batch programs
- Troubleshoot and track issue tickets with various vendors
- Participate in an on-call rotation for level 3 escalations and monitor mail groups for questions and issues
We are keen to speak to security specialists with a commercial track record in the following:
- Advanced knowledge of CA-Top Secret mainframe security software internals, configuration, etc.
- Experience with resource entitlement remediation
- Experience with z/OS utilities and facilities (such as: ISPF, TSO, SDSF, JES)
- Experience with database technology (such as: Sybase, DB2)
- Experience with middleware (such as: MQ Series, etc.)
- Experience with command Mainframe batch and reporting languages (such as: Assembler, JCL, REXX, CLIST, ISPF, SAS, SQL)
- Experience with distributed security (such as: UNIX, USS)
- Experience with Systems Programming concepts (such as: SMP, SYS1 datasets)
- MS Office business application experience (Excel, Word, Access, Power Point)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
For more information on the role and organisation , please send me your updated CV on the first instance
|Contact Name||Fiona Grant|
|Telephone||0141 343 3283|
About Harvey Nash
Have you seen my consultant profile? Click on meet the team on the right hand side, find my details and get in touch about roles in my area of expertise.
In Scotland we have offices in Edinburgh and Glasgow but we have over 40 offices globally.
Harvey Nash, a global professional recruitment consultancy and IT outsourcing service provider, is committed to delivering the very best talent and IT solutions to a broad base of international clients. The Group is a trusted advisor to some of the worldÃ¢â¬â¢s leading business, governments and institutions. Our talented professionals pursue the highest levels of integrity and quality in providing a unique portfolio of services: executive search, interim management, IT recruitment and IT outsourcing.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist