Senior Applications EngineerVacancy posted: Monday, 17 October 2016
Salary: £27,372 - £30,668
Closing date: 24 October 2016
Job ref. no.: 966
The Scottish Qualifications Authority is Scotland’s national awarding and accreditation body. We are trusted to oversee thousands of qualifications that are available in schools, colleges and workplaces, not just in this country, but around the world.
SQA are recruiting for an experienced Senior Applications Engineer to help ensure the overall operational service delivery of SQA’s Application environments in line with user requirements.
Applicants, as a minimum, should be educated to SCQF Level 8, (HND/SVQ 4) or be able to demonstrate direct relevant experience for this role which must include:
- Knowledge of the installation, configuration and tuning of webserver technologies such as IIS, Sharepoint and Biztalk in a Microsoft environment .
- Knowledge of at least one of the mainstream shells (e.g. Korn or Bash)
- Knowledge of Windows programming tools
- Working knowledge of networking protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP/IP) and services built on them (NFS, Samba, SSH, DNS, ISCSI,CIFS)
- Knowledge of managing and optimizing Microsoft Sharepoint server
- Working knowledge of relational database systems and the SQL query language
- Working knowledge of the system management aspects of SQLServer
- Working knowledge of Data Replication Tools e.g. HVR Software.
- Knowledge and understanding of the development lifecycle and of service orientated architecture and relevant software products
- ITIL knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of SQLServer Integration Services
Applicants, as a minimum, should be educated to SCQF Level 8, HND/SVQ 4 or be able to demonstrate direct relevant experience for this role.
This post is being offered on a permanent basis and can be based at either our Dalkeith or Glasgow office.
We offer the following benefits: career average pension scheme; staff well-being and health assistance programmes; development opportunities and 27 days annual leave in addition to 14 days public holiday.
For full details, an application pack and further qualification equivalents of SCQF levels please visit our website. Alternatively write to our Human Resources Department, SQA, The Optima Building, 58 Robertson Street, Glasgow G2 8DQ or quoting the appropriate reference.
Remember to quote ref 966 in all correspondence. The closing date for this post is 24 October 2016.
If you think you’ve got the skills, knowledge and experience required to succeed in this exciting opportunity, click Apply Now for more information and complete an application form.
SQA welcomes applications from every section of the community. SQA have a Gaelic Language Plan and are committed to its purpose.
Tha Plana Gàidhlig aig SQA agus tha sinn a' creidsinn gu h-àrachdach agus na h-amasan a tha air cur a-mach sa Phlana Nàiseanta don Ghàidhlig.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and encourage applications from all members of the community. We are committed to the Two Tick Initiative and offer a guaranteed interview to any applicant who considers themself to be disabled and who meets the competency requirements for the post.
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist