Senior Test AnalystVacancy posted: Monday, 17 October 2016
Salary: £32000 - £38000 per annum + excellent benefits package!
Closing date: 24 October 2016
Job ref. no.: 37593
Eden Scott's client are looking to onboard a Senior Test Analyst for their Glasgow city center based client. This position will be reporting directly into the technical lead of the organisation.
To be considered for this role, you must have a theoretical knowledge, operational and in-depth understanding of:
- Quality Assurance delivery, strategies and technologies - including emerging standards and/or technologies
- SDLC and associated methodologies (v-model, iterative, agile etc)
- Test design, management and operating standards, frameworks etc.
- Stakeholder management
- Incident/Problem management
- Risk management
- Change and release management
The duties in the role will consist of:
- Performing manual and automated application testing across a wide ranging portfolio of applications
- Development and management of technical test plans, scripts and related artefacts, ensuring that they are maintained to the quality standards defined in the Test Strategy.
- Analysis and resolution of complex incidents and problems
- May be assigned to multiple project phases with responsibility for leading a team of other test analysts or user acceptance testers.
- May have duties instructing, directing and reviewing the work of others, or act as an internal consultant to management on quality assurance policy, work methods or procedures.
- Provide input in support of the Test Manager to Quality Assurance strategy covering:-
- Standards and procedures
- Best practice
- Operational risk and compliance
- Continuous service improvement initiatives
- Represent the Quality Assurance team etc..
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Create detailed test conditions and test cases based on documented requirements and use cases
- Analyse, evaluate and document defects, risks and issues.
Planning and Coordination
- Prepare test plans, test completion documentation and status reporting.
- Promote consistent good quality practice within all areas of the business
- Provide frequent formal and ad-hoc presentations to ensure others in the organisation are familiar with Quality Assurance goals, principles and standards.
Please do apply if you have expereince of:
Practical knowledge and experience with:
- Demonstrable practical knowledge of manual test creation and execution
- Extensive experience of test automation using industry standard tools and technologies.
- Familiar with industry standard applications for test management and defect tracking.
- Extensive practical understanding of a wide range of test design techniques
- Testing of large relational databases
- Testing of web-based and desktop client applications
- Defect/Issue lifecycle, risk analysis and test management methodologies
- Production of documentation using relevant tools available
- A significant amount of practical and recent continuous experience of software testing across the lifecycle in a large organisation.
- Industry standard test management and automation technologies.
- ISTQB Foundation Certification
|Contact Name||Bethany Rodgers|
|Telephone||0141 410 1010|
About Eden Scott
Eden Scott offers the services of an employment agency for permanent work and an employment business for temporary work.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Test EngineerSpring Technology , edinburgh
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist