Lead Java Developer/Lead Software DeveloperVacancy posted: Wednesday, 19 October 2016
Salary: úCompetitive and DOE
Job ref. no.: GB6257
Lead Java Developer/Lead Software Developer/ Lead Software Engineer – Java/ SOA/ Open-Source Development
Glasgow and Edinburgh
Colesco Consulting is working with one of the world’s leading IT Consultancies who are increasing their Scottish operations with a new office which is going to facilitate agile delivery and collaborative working.
Candidate must have:
- strong Java experience
- Hands on experience in complex rules engine
- a background in Java EE, SOA and Open Source development
The role will entail:
- Own the Responsibility of the overall sprint of the feature/sub-feature
- Lead the development team to build and deliver high quality application. Where appropriate challenge the business to ensure that requirements and design are clear, robust and do not negatively impact project delivery.
- Demonstrate experience in line management. Coach and develop the development team with regards to their Java/J2EE & domain skills and knowledge, ensuring best practice and standards are adhered to.
- Influence and support continuous quality initiatives to help ensure that the development team continues to provide excellent standards of service delivery.
- Working with the RedHat technology stack (Portal, Fuse ESB, BRMS).
- Ensuring the code produced adheres to an acceptable standard by working with the build teams and mentoring when required.
- You will join a recognised global company who thrive on success and work on leading edge projects and technology. As a leading IT and business process services firm who are committed to helping clients succeed, our client has global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals which all come together to achieve the over-arching business goals.
- Red Hat JBoss
- Fuse 6.2, Java 8
- JMS/Active MQ
- XML/XSD Data Design
- Java EE
- SOA and integration via an ESB
- Experience of web services (preferably SOAP)
- Hibernate/JPA (or other ORM framework)
- Oracle DB (Views, Functions)
- Oracle Advanced Queue
- PL SQL
- Low-level Design
- Experience of multiple delivery methods, including Agile (ideally SCRUM)
- JBoss Developer Studio or similar (e.g. Eclipse IDE)
- maven and SVN
- HTML 4
- Experience of test driven development and/or continuous integration
- Sound knowledge of the Public Sector and the issues and problems and the issues and problems affecting the service area
- Experience mentoring and coaching more junior colleagues
- The right individual will have to have the following soft skills
- Pro-Active self-starter
- Experience of working on-site with client staff
- Excellent communication skills
- A structured approach to problem diagnosis and resolution
To discuss the opportunity and joining a fantastic business then please apply today.
If you recommend a colleague or friend for a vacancy and we place them we will reward you with £100 in store vouchers of your choice. Please call us for further details
|Contact Name||Garry Burns|
|Telephone||0141 331 9387|
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist