Systems Administrator - Windows / VOIPVacancy posted: Tuesday, 18 October 2016
Job ref. no.: ION-SYS-EDI
We are looking for an experienced Systems Administrator to join the IT Department of our award winning multi-national client in their Edinburgh office.
As part of a small team, you will work closely to ensure the delivery of key IT services to the business and set the agenda across all aspects of information technology.
The ideal candidate will have good experience in a broad range of IT support, covering both back office and user support, but with a focus on network management.
Skills/ experience required:
- Active Directory/
- Server 2008/2012
- SQL 2008/2012
- MS Exchange 2010
- VOIP administration – Avaya, Polycom conferencing HDX8000
- Symantec Backup Exec 2010
- Physical hardware management including rack & stack and laptop provisioning
Other (desirable) experience:
- WAN routing experience (VPNs, L2, etc.)
- SAN/NAS experience particularly EMC VNX
- Associated certifications will be of great interest e.g. (CCNA, CCNP, MCSE, EMCIE etc.)
- Prince 2
- HP Procurve switching
- RHEL or other Linux
- Vmware vSphere
The ideal candidate will have experience in a broad range of IT activities, covering both hands on (back office and user) support, and business process integration. It is expected that the successful candidate will be self-motivated and proactive and assume ownership for key portions of the IT environment over time including:
- Maintain BAU Operations comprising Windows Servers, LAN, WAN, VOIP (Avaya), Video Conferencing (Polycom) and WLAN, including performance monitoring, security, documentation and break/fix
- Critical application and computer/network support relating to software and hardware issues for corporate and local end users including SQL based applications and VMware platform
- Manage Microsoft Exchange 2010 environment
- Monitor and maintains Active Directory Environment
- Interface with outside vendors and provide internal analysis and support
- Support business continuity and disaster recovery functions for information systems
- Maintain the data storage and backup system (Symantec Backup Exec) - Tape, SAN, NAS, etc.
- Maintain the remote access infrastructure
- Maintain all hardware, software and licensing inventory to ensure compliance/legality of use
- Manage relationships with technology suppliers, vendors and contractors incl licensing
- Setup and administration of company owned PCs, typically laptops
- Apply operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes as required
- Answer technical queries and assist users with same
- Be responsible for documenting the configuration of the relevant IT systems and procedures
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leading client.
The salary for the role is negotiable between £35k - £40k (possibly more) and also comes with an attractive benefits package.
Please call us should you require more details or email your CV to apply and we will be happy to contact you to talk through everything and answer any questions that you may have.
Systems Administrator, Active Directory, Server 2008, Server 2012, SQL 2008, SQL 2012, Hyper‐V, Administration, MS Exchange 2010, VOIP, Avaya, Polycom
|Contact Name||Derek McCulloch|
About ION Recruitment Ltd
ION Recruitment prides itself on offering a service level to clients and applicants that is second to none.
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Service Desk Administrator (1st & 2nd Line Support)Harper Macleod, edinburgh
- Senior IT TechnicianChisholm Hunter, glasgow
- IT Service Analyst Head Resourcing, edinburgh
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist