Senior Network AnalystVacancy posted: Wednesday, 12 October 2016
Salary: up to £38,000 dependant upon experience
Job ref. no.: 5204, 5205
Senior Network Analyst
Req No: 5204, 5205
An exciting opportunity to join our team within a growing ICT Services company with a global portfolio, as a Senior Network Analyst in our Operations team.
The Getronics family is an ICT Services group consisting of the Getronics and Connectis brands and is owned by the AURELIUS Group, a holding company headquartered in Munich, Germany. With an extensive history that extends over 125 years, the Getronics family has nearly 6,500 employees in 22 countries across Europe, Asia Pacific & Latin America, and has a complete portfolio of integrated ICT services for the large enterprise and public sector markets. This includes Workspace, Applications, Unified Communications, Data Centre, Cloud, Consulting, Partner Technology, Managed Services and Security.
Getronics is a leading member in the Global Workspace Alliance, a unique model that provides customers with a consistent IT service throughout the world, with one single point of contact and billing entity, delivering services to over 90 countries. The GWA is ranked number 3 globally according to OVUM’s Managed/Maintained End-user Devices with a total of 7.4M assets.
Getronics support its employees to become experts in their field though development by an in house University and an internal recruitment program.
The Senior Network Analyst is responsible for design, build and maintaining a large number of data networking infrastructures spread over a large number of sites and countries.
CCNP certified and be able to comfortably communicate both inside and outside of the department on technical and business issues, the Senior Network Analyst will have extensive experience of the following: layer 3 Cisco\ Checkpoint\ Fortigate\ Aruba networks, IPVPN, MPLS, VoIP, WiFi and network security.
The Senior Network Analyst will be part of an on-call rota.
Customer Engagement & Commercial Development
- Assist with qualification of designs or opportunities
- Assist the Service Manager to ensuring there is effective communication to the customer.
- Liaise with the customer regarding day to day running of the service
- Take an active interest in long term development of the account (identifying potential services, T&M and Project opportunities)
- Ensure that Service Level Agreements are achieved
- Strive for high scores from Customer Service Questionnaires
- Working with the Service Manager, ensure that appropriate ITIL based process are being operated effectively
- Ensure change management processes are followed for planned and unplanned changes (changes related to incidents)
- Implement check lists and processes to ensure business critical systems are maintained in-line with contractual requirements (for example, backup logs, security checks, anti-virus sweeps)
- Act as the first escalation point for customer in the event of service or process issues
- Escalate appropriate issues to both Getronics and the customer’s management teams
- Organise regular service reviews with the customer to discuss key performance indicators and to implement service improvement plans
- Develop a joint service improvement roadmap with the customer and signoff by the service manager
- Ensure that implemented services and solutions meet the customer requirements and are commercially positive for Getronics
- Articulate dependencies between business processes and 'system' components (e.g. software, hardware, platforms, applications, etc.)
- Identify perceived risks for supported services; develop solutions to mitigate
- Adhere to Programme and Project Management best practices
- Highlight all risks to the Service Manager so any Getronics’ exposure to commercial loss can be minimised
- Undertake knowledge transfer to customer or third party personnel
- Identify other Getronics’ service and sales opportunities
- Supporting change
- Continuously questions status quo, and
- Points out specific opportunities for change, and
- Motivates others by explaining the need for change and their role in this change, and
- Supports others wanting to implement change initiatives.
- Liaise with the customer regarding day to day running of the site acting as an appropriate resolution/escalation point for staff
- Support Service Manager in production of accurate and timely performance statistics and management reports
- Actively participate in quarterly in-life management meetings to provide constructive feedback on implemented solutions and services
Critical Success Factors
- Consistent achievement of Service Level Agreements
- Good customer relationships and customer feedback (measured through customer service questionnaires)
- Excellent decision making / problem solving skills
- Ability to work with the minimum of supervision and on own initiative
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Able to build and maintain productive relationships at all levels with customer and team
- Ability to work under pressure in a pressurised environment
- Good written and oral communications skills
- Good influencing and negotiation skills
- Demonstrable time management and organisational skills
- Ability to shape and or change processes
- A belief in providing the highest quality of service to the customer
- Adopts a ‘right first time’ attitude
- Practical and pragmatic
- Empathetic and approachable
- Committed, dedicated, passionate
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Builds rapport & trust
- Excellent team player and team builder
- Proactively identifies problem areas and opportunities and makes recommendations
- Researching: must become adept at understanding issues and finding answers quickly and creatively.
- Analysing: must be able to formulate questions to elicit facts or statements from them, and be willing to listen to what these individuals have to say.
- Engineering: must be able to apply principles of logic, science, and mathematics to the understanding of systems and processes so the latter can be improved.
- Communicating: must be able to expand on an important subject to inform and instruct an audience, convincing members to take further action. This entails persuading, marketing, and selling.
- Arbitrating: must be able to reconcile differences to achieve a common objective and find appropriate solutions.
- Teaching: must be able and willing to transfer knowledge to others.
- Organising: must be able to put things together in an orderly, functioning, structured whole. This entails handling multiple things at the same time effectively.
Qualification and Experience:
- Candidate should hold Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) certification.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of installing, maintaining and troubleshooting Cisco based networks including devices such as switches, routers, wireless and security products (PIX, ASA).
- In depth knowledge of network protocols including IP, layer 2 LAN technologies such as spanning-tree, layer 3 routing protocols and IPSEC VPN.
- ITIL v3 Foundation level accreditation
- Experience with working in an environment delivering a high number of changes
- Good commercial awareness
- Certification and experience of supporting Cisco Nexus products
- Certification and experience of supporting Checkpoint Firewalls
- Certification and experience of supporting Fortigate Firewalls
- Certification and experience of supporting Aruba devices
- Certification and experience of supporting load balancers including Cisco ACE and F5.
On offer is an attractive basic salary, plus standby and call out payments, together with an excellent benefits package, including 25 days holiday, with the option to buy / sell 5 days, private medical cover after 1 years' service (partner and family cover available), company pension scheme - up to 4% matched contribution, 4 x death in service, Flexible benefits including dental, travel and critical illness, childcare vouchers, etc.
To apply for this fantastic opportunity, click the 'Apply Now' button and a member of our team will be in touch soon (If you have not heard from us in 10 working days, please assume your application has not been successful).
Get email alerts
for similar jobs!
People who applied for this also applied for...
- Senior IT TechnicianChisholm Hunter, glasgow
You have 0 shortlistedApply for all Clear shortlist